England Euro 2020

Charles will be...well he is a strange one...but he has been in training for the job for all his life...bit sad for him if he didn't get a decent crack at it... and it shifted onto the squeaky clean ( mmmm I'm not too sure about that) William.
The shenagins of recent years might have sounded the death knell ...as has been suggested by polls taken from young people.
Charles or William will have a massive task to continue or 'restore' any respect that this Queen has laboured at almost single- handedly for 60+ years

Can smell the traitors who are going to be supporting Italy on Sunday along with the rest of Europe, siege mentality.
It should come home and Italy should let us win.

Last edited:
It's a debate about the best flag and not the best country so politics of the country isn't a relevant factor. Gaz was making the point that the union flag is used as a design symbol in its own right, which indicates a good design.
I’m not talking about politics, I’m talking about fashion. The punks were definitely not Nazis.

I’m not talking about politics, I’m talking about fashion. The punks were definitely not Nazis.

Did the Punks scare you once back in the day on the beach? I don't reckon they gave you a proper slap because you do sound like someone who has never taken a slap in his 60+ years of life with the belligerent attitude.

The Hype around this game has gone into Orbit around Planet Boring.

Christ.. If we don't Win....the 'coming down ' will more dramatic and a faster fall than Queen Victoria's knickers every time Prince Albert tweaked his moustache and yelled ...Hoschen Runter...Meine Frau !
( she liked the jolly old mutton dagger..and had 9 kids !)

The Hype around this game has gone into Orbit around Planet Boring.

Christ.. If we don't Win....the 'coming down ' will more dramatic and a faster fall than Queen Victoria's knickers every time Prince Albert tweaked his moustache and yelled ...Hoschen Runter...Meine Frau !
( she liked the jolly old mutton dagger..and had 9 kids !)
Fortunately as an expat I’ve not been subjected to it ( thank goodness ! ).
I’m looking forward to the game with no real expectations of victory, just hoping for an entertaining game with a worthy winner at the end.

I can however imagine how the UK media are hyping this up !
Hopefully people’s expectations can somehow remain realistic.
If we win this it will be because we deserved to do so but it is by no means the only possible outcome !

Fortunately as an expat I’ve not been subjected to it ( thank goodness ! ).
I’m looking forward to the game with no real expectations of victory, just hoping for an entertaining game with a worthy winner at the end.

I can however imagine how the UK media are hyping this up !
Hopefully people’s expectations can somehow remain realistic.
If we win this it will be because we deserved to do so but it is by no means the only possible outcome !

Agree ..I'm the same..no real expectations...and/but don't want to see English faces redder than the Beetroot Fields of North Dakota...because they've gone OTT!

Seriously though i'll be happy to see a goalfest and the team that deserves it lift the trophy.
But..the Italians have won it once before and been runners up twice so they musnt get too upset...its Our Time !

I think Italy are the favourites despite home advantage because they are 33 unbeaten and have an experienced defense and more recent success even if it was 2006 and have looked like a tight team throughout the tournament. They also looked extremely calm taking pens against Spain the other night, Chiellini was laughing at that Spain player on the coin toss so we need to avoid pens aswell I think and try and hit them on the counter and hope to win during 120 mins.
But we can still be happy that we reached a first final since 66 and overcame barriers like Germany and Semi Finals which have haunted us in the past amongst all the other unluckiness going back to Maradona, Lampard ghost goal, Sol Campbell header ruled out for nothing, Beckham/Rooney sending offs, Ronaldinho fk and all the pen shootouts. I think 55 years of bad luck deserves to become good luck for once. The penalty against Denmark the other night was probably the only bit of fortune we've ever had in the knockout since 86.

Last edited:
On every news bulletin, tv and radio the hype is deafening. And I haven’t even looked at the newspapers ! Yet, it doesn’t feel like 1966 to me. The sense of anticipation, nothing else mattered in the weeks after the Argentina game, but then I was only 15.

On every news bulletin, tv and radio the hype is deafening. And I haven’t even looked at the newspapers ! Yet, it doesn’t feel like 1966 to me. The sense of anticipation, nothing else mattered in the weeks after the Argentina game, but then I was only 15.

Seems to be similar in Italy.

With 600,000 living in the UK and 150,000 in London, would they have had first dabs on tickets getting to the final a day earlier?

Meanwhile yesterday Italian media ramped up the hype ahead of the final with top-selling Gazzetta Dello Sport saying brazenly on its front page "Let's take the crown" adding that:"Denmark spooked the home team, who needed extra time and a disputed Kane penalty to win."

Their match report claimed England won thanks to a ''gifted penalty" before saying that on Sunday Italy needed to ''dominate the Three Lions."

La Repubblica said: "The only mistake in a sensational match was from the referee and it's a shame that England's win was dampened thanks to the splash from Sterling's dive, winning that was never there."

While Corriere della Sera said: "England had to work hard for their win, thanks also to a dubious penalty".

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/15538746/italy-cheered-by-1000-fans-flown-euro-2020-final/

;