England Euro 2020

Fair to say Southgate has gone for youth. No one over the age of 30, only 3 over the age of 28, 16 weren’t even born before Euro 96...

(All stolen stats from Twitter).

Fair to say Southgate has gone for youth. No one over the age of 30, only 3 over the age of 28, 16 weren’t even born before Euro 96...

From those stats, I therefore deduce that for the first time, all the squad are younger than my youngest
**************** I feel old....

7 midfielders total - Understood that there are those kind of hybrid midfielder/forward/link players in the 4th grouping, but wow only 7 - and that number includes Lingard and Mount

Is it just me getting older or has interest in these tournaments and England decreased? Perhaps when it gets going and we get to the semi finals I’ll be more interested
I have a playlist of England tunes that I break out a couple of weeks before the start. Gets me right in the mood.

If the song mentions "World Cup" just yell Euros over the top. Job done.

Is it just me getting older or has interest in these tournaments and England decreased? Perhaps when it gets going and we get to the semi finals I’ll be more interested
I'm the same mate, will watch the semis and final if we get there but other than that no interest. Strange thing is, I actually think for the first time in a long while we've got a chance of winning the thing.

He has but suspect a few of those called up today will be some of the 7 dropped with the squad looking like it's normal self injuries permitting.

And there is bound to be some as usual!

Let's not forget that Greg Dyke, the FA Chairman back in 2013 set the goal of reaching the Euro 2020 semi finals, and to win the WC2022.

I guess we got ahead of schedule - or maybe on track - with the WC2018 fourth place finish

I understand he has to reduce the squad to 22 in a few days time? I used to be really interested in England but, whilst I wish them well I'd be really surprised if they win the tournament.
Whilst our attack is very good and the midfield is OK. I think defensively we are poor so I think we'll be found out against top opposition. Hope to be proved wrong of course.

;