England vs Denmark

Just had a video clip pop up on facebook, 4 years ago AFCB had their biggest ever PL win. 6-1 against Hull.
Whats that got to do with England you ask, nothing except Harry Maguire "played" for Hull that day. 2 years later he was at it again when he played for Leicester as we stuck 4 past them and it should have been more.
The bloke is probably the worst centre half England have ever had.

Careful - you will upset Brian!!

Just had a video clip pop up on facebook, 4 years ago AFCB had their biggest ever PL win. 6-1 against Hull.
Whats that got to do with England you ask, nothing except Harry Maguire "played" for Hull that day. 2 years later he was at it again when he played for Leicester as we stuck 4 past them and it should have been more.
The bloke is probably the worst centre half England have ever had.

Andy Robertson started that game too didn't he?

For those not on twitter or Facebook...

England have the best infrastructure in the world but definitely not the best players, similar to Brighton.

Maguire and Dunk share a lot in common. They're all very well if the game is being played in front of them. But get runners in behind, get them turning towards their goal.....they make HMS Queen Elizabeth look nimble. That's exactly how we put so many goals past Hull / Leicester and Brighton over the years.

Compare it to how fast Ake turns and makes blocks when he needs to.

He got the ball way before he followed through and their player made the most of it, It's not a yellow card and just another sign of modern football tbh.

I don't know, I'd be pretty hacked of if I was Dolberg, it's close to being an ankle breaker and Maguire really didn't need to follow through with his studs up. As you say he made contact with the ball way before and had time to swing his legs away. Complete lack of awareness IMO.

Capture.jpg

I don't know, I'd be pretty hacked of if I was Dolberg, it's close to being an ankle breaker and Maguire really didn't need to follow through with his studs up. As you say he made contact with the ball way before and had time to swing his legs away. Complete lack of awareness IMO.
I think there’s a difference between making contact with the ball and winning the ball.

Maguire obviously made contact with the ball but can you say he really won it? If he hadn’t caught Dolberg with his follow through, I think he would still have retained possession of the ball and therefore it must be a foul

Starting to run out of patience with Southgate, and I think he's lucky that so much other stuff is going on right now and that fans aren't there. The style of football in 2018 was so much better, and it seemed a good platform to build from. Instead it's gone far backwards into stale negativity.
That sounds like Eddie.

I’m ready to be flamed but just contrast the difference when Mings came on. I don’t want to go over old ground again about him being behind Nathan, Cook and potentially Kelly but I always thought there was an international player in there somewhere, maybe even a captain, and I’m delighted to see him doing so well. If Maguire gets picked over him again then there’s no hope.

I’m ready to be flamed but just contrast the difference when Mings came on. I don’t want to go over old ground again about him being behind Nathan, Cook and potentially Kelly but I always thought there was an international player in there somewhere, maybe even a captain, and I’m delighted to see him doing so well. If Maguire gets picked over him again then there’s no hope.

Mings is an OK player. Never as bad as some tried to make out but no world beater either. If I'm honest I'd say Dunk is the same level. Not sure any of them are international quality though. Hardly Ferdinand, Campbell, Terry level are they?

Mings is an OK player. Never as bad as some tried to make out but no world beater either. If I'm honest I'd say Dunk is the same level. Not sure any of them are international quality though. Hardly Ferdinand, Campbell, Terry level are they?
Good points SDD. I think Tyrone has the potential to be as good as Rio and better than Campbell and Terry. I see him as more of a modern central defender, good on the ball with intelligent distribution. For England’s sake I hope so.

Good points SDD. I think Tyrone has the potential to be as good as Rio and better than Campbell and Terry. I see him as more of a modern central defender, good on the ball with intelligent distribution. For England’s sake I hope so.

Lol no chance, the fact you've mentioned Mings in the same breath as JT (England best ever central defender and Rio and Sol is insulting.

The thing with Mings is that you get the feeling he still has the potential to improve. With his attributes he could become one of the best. I haven’t yet had the feeling that he has reached his pinnacle. If he can stay injury free for another season or two he could potentially be an England stalwart and one of the very best in his position. He’s not there yet though but I wouldn’t rule it out.

The thing with Mings is that you get the feeling he still has the potential to improve. With his attributes he could become one of the best. I haven’t yet had the feeling that he has reached his pinnacle. If he can stay injury free for another season or two he could potentially be an England stalwart and one of the very best in his position. He’s not there yet though but I wouldn’t rule it out.

He may get a bit better as he reaches his peak but he'll never be in the same league as JT, Rio and Sol. Mings is 27 he's not a spring chicken he's entering his prime years, JT, Rio and Sol had earned and won it all by that age.

There's no creativity. Grealish should be starting over a player who has 4 PL apps.
Southgate clearly has a grudge against certain players - Jonjo Shelvey is another who gets overlooked as he's capable of picking out an 80 yard forward pass, the only other English player that can do that is Kane which is why he always comes deep just like Rooney used to do.
It seems he has a problem towards Grealish for sure - look at the interview he gave after the Wales game ; Jack had been MOTM yet Southgate hardly said anything other than “ a good experience for him “ yet couldn’t wait to then knock one out about Mason Mount ....

His comments about the comparisons between Grealish and Gazza were a bit thin spirited to me “ I don’t want to dampen enthusiasm for Jack “ ( Yes you do , otherwise you wouldn’t have said it ) “ but I played with Gazza and he was on another level “

Yes he was , a fantastic player who on his day did things few could , but who’s to say someone like Grealish couldn’t do the same ?
Sounded to me like he was saying he’s not going to be that good regardless...

It seems he has a problem towards Grealish for sure - look at the interview he gave after the Wales game ; Jack had been MOTM yet Southgate hardly said anything other than “ a good experience for him “ yet couldn’t wait to then knock one out about Mason Mount ....

His comments about the comparisons between Grealish and Gazza were a bit thin spirited to me “ I don’t want to dampen enthusiasm for Jack “ ( Yes you do , otherwise you wouldn’t have said it ) “ but I played with Gazza and he was on another level “

Yes he was , a fantastic player who on his day did things few could , but who’s to say someone like Grealish couldn’t do the same ?
Sounded to me like he was saying he’s not going to be that good regardless...

Disgusting way to treat a player who is clearly more talented than any CM we currently have. Gazza was the closest England have ever had to Zidane and to even have someone kind of that kind of ilk and put him down is also a disgrace. I also won't forget that bignose tit Southgate bottling the penalty against Germany when we were clearly the better team designed to win on home turf at Euro 96.

;