‘Entitled’

Serious question: Am I entitled to be entitled?
Depends what you are feeling entitled to! I’d say you are entitled to energy, effort, care, entertainment and value for money. We get effort and care to be fair in most games I wouldn’t knock us or Parker for that. I don’t think you should feel entitled to results or a place In the PL. Just my opinion

I think the ‘entitled’ label is given to those people who unrealistically think we should do better.
You could argue that we could be doing better and you could argue that we are doing pretty well.

I think Individuals are entitled to there own opinion which will be based on individual factors of perception. Different people will have different opinions on what they perceive. Same input different output.

We all then come on here and hope for validation of our perceptions from other people who might feel the same, or we get our perceptions changed by talking with other people, or you get shot down for being completely off.
To me that’s healthy.

At the end of the day we are a happier bunch when we all agree with each other, but that is rightly not how it works.

It’s obvious something is missing from this team and it has been all year. If we didn’t have the Premier League squad size and talent we’d be mid table at best. With that being said, if we can limp across the finish line, significant changes will need to be made.

There are multiple players as well as a coach I would ask to move on.

So what would a sensible, realistic level of expectation be, given our history, size and resources ?

I'd be very happy with a return to the PL, to be able to stay there for 2/3 seasons, take a few big scalps like we did last time, and to reach a Cup Final.

In the long run, I'd be very happy if we could become a regular top 6/8 team in the Championship. In fact, that's been my dream for about 50 years !

Is that too much ? Or too little ?

My wish is to go up, feck of the PL entirely and instead take the money and build some facilities that can give the club a solid base for the future.

I know many want the stadium but, realistically, the training complex is ready to build so let's complete it. Finished before we're relegated would surely be possible. Then we can move the first team away from the the stadium and put some plans in place for the new one, whatever form that might take.

Then, if we somehow sneak our way up again, we could again feck the PL off and this time use the money to build our new home / redevelop the current one.

Should we be lucky enough to get a third bite of the cherry that's when we could then chuck some money at the playing staff and have a tilt at a cup.

I'm more than happy we gave the PL a proper go at establishing ourselves first time around. We could easily have been one season wonders a la Barnsley or Blackpool (football started in 1992, remember?). In fact, we were huge favourites for that. Because we stuck around for several seasons, it's changed the outlook on what may be possible for us forever. However, this time I would be disappointed if we jumped straight back on the treadmill of only trying to survive on the pitch.

So what would a sensible, realistic level of expectation be, given our history, size and resources ?

I'd be very happy with a return to the PL, to be able to stay there for 2/3 seasons, take a few big scalps like we did last time, and to reach a Cup Final.

In the long run, I'd be very happy if we could become a regular top 6/8 team in the Championship. In fact, that's been my dream for about 50 years !

Is that too much ? Or too little ?

Think most of us on here have seen us play in all four leagues.

Without checking it out, be interesting how many fans of Premier League clubs can have experienced that, maybe even some in the Championship.

So when we had that run with Eddie through those four leagues and ultimately ending up in the Premier League, maybe we as fans felt that was something extra special and will always remember and appreciate it.

If we go up this season for me it will not have the same feeling.

There will never be another Bolton or Charlton moment.

That time with Eddie and Jason as a management team was a very enjoyable journey through thick and thin and almost ending up in the non league.

Looking back further I really enjoyed those years when John Bond we saw exciting, entertaining football with plenty of goals.

Last edited:
Think most of us on here have seen us play in all four leagues.

Without checking it out, be interesting how many fans of Premier League clubs can have experienced that, maybe even some in the Championship.

So when we had that run with Eddie through those four leagues and ultimately ending up in the Premier League, maybe we as fans felt that was something extra special and will always remember and appreciate it.

If we go up this season for me it will not have the same feeling.

There will never be another Bolton or Charlton moment.

That time with Eddie and Jason as a management team was a very enjoyable journey through thick and thin and almost ending up in the non league.

Looking back further I really enjoyed those years when John Bond we saw exciting, entertaining football with plenty of goals.
Yes but it's a double edged sword, the bond team were exciting, I believe, a few seasons before my time, but the fact they missed out on promotion meant many were sold on.

Yes but it's a double edged sword, the bond team were exciting, I believe, a few seasons before my time, but the fact they missed out on promotion meant many were sold on.

Not so much sold on but moved on with John Bond to Norwich City.

As with the training ground now a new stand at the Brighton Beach end was put on hold and eventually didn’t continue.

Entitled ? I think some people just expect other teams to come to DC and rollover. Well news for them, it don't happen that way. Other teams have managers, tactics and motivation as well. That was a massive game for Boro and personally I enjoyed the game.
But it’s down to are management team to work out how to beat this system, don’t care what people say we pay to watch. Why not have a fans forum with scotty and his team so we can ask him questions on why he will not change against teams that sit deep

The word ‘entitled’ is getting thrown around like confetti on social media and here for people who weren’t happy yesterday. People saying it’s the young fans that only know the premier league etc etc.

What a load of crap. I feel entitled to spend my leisure cash on being entertained. I don’t feel entitled to results, I do feel entitled to seeing more than 5 on target shots in 270 mins of football, zero goals, and the ball passed endlessly around the centre backs (normally before being lumped out for a throw in). To double qualify this I’ve also seen every dreadful season points wise since 1982 so didn’t just rock up to see Liverpool here. Alarmingly, some of those dreadful points seasons featured more goalmouth action and thrills just with far inferior players out of their depth.

Seven times out of ten this season I have experienced boredom at a Bournemouth game. A rare emotion for me at football this. For forty years I’ve experienced joy, anger, excitement, nervousness, disappointment but very rarely (Paul Groves aside) have i experienced lack of association and tedium. All of this with a side second in the league which really makes you think.

I understand my view is personal. If you’ve enjoyed the ride then I’m pleased for you. Some people like Fast and Furious 6 and some people like Slovakian art house movies. At the moment we are the film equivalent of an old lady in a frayed headscarf talking about the afterlife to the backdrop of a dripping tap and boiling kettle… but that has its fans and it’s a better world for it. Just accept that people not like you arent entitled, they just have different reasons for going.

I will always go, it’s what I do. I will always feel entitled to shots and crosses and energy. I will never feel entitled to any of them going in the back of the net or any result. Forty years have taught me though, whatever the tactics or formation the more energy, risks and goalmouth action you create the better the result is likely to be.

I collected money in buckets, I enjoyed\endured Chukki and Christer Warren, I went to Blyth. I will happily and have happily been called many things on here some of which are probably true. I’m not entitled.

nothing you haven't said ad nauseam for the last 6 months
next time save yourself a good 20 odd minutes at the keyboard and just post I HATE BLAKE AND PARKER
that would be marginally less boring

Strange post. Bit like Eddie Mitchell telling people to go up the road. Plus I was raucous in my support yesterday as were most people I thought the crowd was excellent. Football is habitual, I would never stop going thanks.

Why is it a strange post?

It's obvious you aren't enjoying it.

I would never tell someone to go and support them up the road.

You don't like Parker,Blake,the tactics,the footballing style,if that were me I would take a break from it,it's not good for your mental health.

t the moment we are the film equivalent of an old lady in a frayed headscarf talking about the afterlife to the backdrop of a dripping tap and boiling kettle…

Sounds right up my street Neil.

We're more like the piss poor sequel to a film that got Eddie Howe an Oscar and the sequel, directed by Parker, will win best supporting Actor.

Reactions: rgb
You didn’t answer my question, have performances caught up with us like I said they would? The fact that our form over the last 20 games is mid table form would suggest that they have.

I believe Christie is better suited to playing centrally, he has done a job out wide though. Just my opinion. Hardly a damning criticism of Parker lol I was hardly calling him a fool for playing him there, just sharing my view that he’s more suited to playing in the centre.

Like you said they would? You’ve said so much rubbish over the last few months, most of which doesn’t happen so I wouldn’t remember.

Why is it a strange post?

It's obvious you aren't enjoying it.

I would never tell someone to go and support them up the road.

You don't like Parker,Blake,the tactics,the footballing style,if that were me I would take a break from it,it's not good for your mental health.
Bit presumptive on mental health. No football moment has mattered enough to effect my mental health negatively. Had the club gone under in the 90s it would have maybe tested that theory along with a few others.

You can’t take a break from your football club if you are a real fan, else the stadium would have been empty under Megson, Pulis, Quinn, Groves… I’m one of the 3000 that go come what may and always will, enjoying it or not!

If this squad cost £80 million...then surely it could have been more wisely spent on something different....being as many on here are not best pleased with the performances over the season....even though the results have been better than 22 other teams.

Strange Forum...very strange views !

;