European Super League

Hypocritical scum

https://www.cityam.com/jp-morgan-sustainability-rating-downgraded-after-funding-super-league/

From the Guardian:

JP Morgan’s boss, Jamie Dimon, wrote at great length of the importance of “community” to the company, in his annual letter to shareholders published earlier this month. He even made reference to the importance of local sports teams to communities.

“To a good company, its reputation is everything,” Dimon wrote. “That reputation is earned day in and day out with every interaction with customers and communities.

“When I hear examples of people doing something that is wrong because they could be paid more, it makes my blood boil – and I don’t want them working here.

Last edited:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-56829809

John Barnes adding a bit of reality into the mix.

Some very good points raised there by John Barnes. I have to disagree with his idea that this wasn't a victory for the fans as I think, on this occasion, it was very much the strong reaction from the fans, including those of the greedy six, that proved this was never going to work.

The money sloshing around the PL has been obscene for many years and it has never been fairly distributed between the 4 divisions, even though the PL clubs are quite happy to pay peanuts for bright young players with potential to represent their country. I do think that Barnes is spot on in that nothing will change in that respect - the other 14 PL teams will look to punish the greedy 6 but still ensure they keep their hands on the piles of cash they are accustomed to. As you were....

Hypocritical scum

https://www.cityam.com/jp-morgan-sustainability-rating-downgraded-after-funding-super-league/

From the Guardian:

JP Morgan’s boss, Jamie Dimon, wrote at great length of the importance of “community” to the company, in his annual letter to shareholders published earlier this month. He even made reference to the importance of local sports teams to communities.

“To a good company, its reputation is everything,” Dimon wrote. “That reputation is earned day in and day out with every interaction with customers and communities.

“When I hear examples of people doing something that is wrong because they could be paid more, it makes my blood boil – and I don’t want them working here.

the 12 clubs had to front up £8m each so that's another tidy profit for our Jamie

The fact Florentino Pérez (Real Madrid's President) wont let it go kinda solidifies my opinion that it was a scheme to bail out the Spanish clubs.
For me there is no doubt about that. And the guy is obviously a total shyster, claiming it was necessary because of COVID when the whole plan pre-dates that by a year at least. Personally I wouldn't trust him as far as I could kick him.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/footba...e/news-story/6b324d8f214c346f2f86b6ae2d0bd056

Pretty sensational interview. How thick can a guy with so much power be?
When you read that it becomes quite clear that by "saving football" he means "saving Spanish football". He makes a couple of references to "except in England". La Liga have been jealous of the PL's TV deal for years and they just cannot afford to compete with the English clubs any longer. This was a crass attempt to get a slice of the English action because they saw no future for their own league, their biggest clubs on the verge of collapse and even if they survive, probably not in a position to compete internationally ( he also mentions that there will be no big transfers in the Summer - again, surely only for the Spanish clubs ! ).
What an asshat. Any owner of a PL club would have to be a total nut job to get into bed with this guy, it's quite clear where his interests lie.

I have a nice mental image of him sitting there, refreshing his online banking webpage, waiting for the leaving penalties from the English clubs to enter the ESL's account.
I have news for you sunshine, it's not going to happen. The English clubs will have filed the paperwork withdrawing from the league. The payment or non-payment of any penalty fees will be left in the hands of the lawyers ( as usual ! ).
He'll probably get RSI from clicking 'reload' in the browser.

When you read that it becomes quite clear that by "saving football" he means "saving Spanish football". He makes a couple of references to "except in England". La Liga have been jealous of the PL's TV deal for years and they just cannot afford to compete with the English clubs any longer. This was a crass attempt to get a slice of the English action because they saw no future for their own league, their biggest clubs on the verge of collapse and even if they survive, probably not in a position to compete internationally ( he also mentions that there will be no big transfers in the Summer - again, surely only for the Spanish clubs ! ).
What an asshat. Any owner of a PL club would have to be a total nut job to get into bed with this guy, it's quite clear where his interests lie.
And yet there were six greedy clubs willing to do just that.

"In this context, the FC Barcelona Board of Directors accepted, as a matter of immediate urgency, the offer to form part, as the founding member, of the Super League, a competition designed to improve the quality and attractiveness of the product offered to the football fans"

What a crock of ****************.

;