Everton - The Verdict

Good showing - team kept its shape and showed energy. FBs did fine, though nothing outstanding (jury still out on Rico). Real bright spots - Ramsdale, Ake, L Cook and a much sharper Callum.

Good effort from our fans - as Eddie acknowledged on Solent.

Eddie rested Fraser and Lerma due to the international games they played. He implied that on the radio.
I thought he implied it re Lerma bit Eddie mentioned freshening up the team re work ethic etc - I took that to mean Fraser ...

Reactions: OBX
Eddie rested Fraser and Lerma due to the international games they played. He implied that on the radio.
Eddie specifically said Solanke deserved a start after his Leicester cameo, so someone had to miss out, and it was Fraser. I was very pleased with his reaction today to be fair, as I think we all were.

Eddie also talked about the importance of having the squad back so he can rotate, and have the ability to make game changing substitutions. When Brooks and Danjuma in particular are back, that midfield/forward area is going to be saturated with high quality.

Anyone else a little disappointed by Everton today? Spent an absolute fortune over the summer assembling a collection of individuals. No obvious style of play. Not much passion. GK who spends the afternoon chuntering to himself. Defence suspect, Coleman aside who does a good job going forward. Toothless in attack. Calvert-Lewin as your main striker? Nah. Mid-table at best.

Anyone else a little disappointed by Everton today? Spent an absolute fortune over the summer assembling a collection of individuals. No obvious style of play. Not much passion. GK who spends the afternoon chuntering to himself. Defence suspect, Coleman aside who does a good job going forward. Toothless in attack. Calvert-Lewin as your main striker? Nah. Mid-table at best.
Agree , though I thought Iwobi kept getting on the ball and was trying to make things happen for them ...

Ive scanned the Everton Forums for the last hour.
Quite a lot about Eddies Summer spend comparing to theirs.
Minimal references to our Tinpot status.. quite pleasing that....although 1 Mersey Moron said "Bournemouth played sh#te and we gave em 3 goals"..ha!
Several references to..Eddie wouldnt go there ..his wife doesnt like the north ..stuff!
They'd like him alright...thats for sure !

The best posts were referring to " Bournemouths young energetic players"...exactly what I wanted to read when I went on there..and there it was!

Id also like to suggedt the old King is back (in a good way). Not so many lost balls today. Seemingly harder to dispossess and very much willing to work. He had a bit of a tantrum late second half when a foul didnt get blown up for but I saw a much better attitude.

Solanke played better first half but I felt second he
wasnt able to press like Wilson and King did. He had some great moments in the first half where he turned and offloaded on a counter, but on goal was found lacking. Something to come from experience, and in the second half could have one touch passed Wilson in on goal, but took two touches and lost the opportunity. He gets himself in good positions but I feel he's much better supplying than looking to score himself.

I feel the urge to praise the little mentioned S Cook. He was immense today. Really threw himself into the game. I forgive any of the minor misdemeanours for his huge heart and effort in the engine room of our team. An understated hero.

I was delighted by Everton. Here’s hoping we see many similar opposition performances

Indeed, really couldn’t care less about the opposition. Don’t go to games to see them.

Sure appreciate quality when you see it, in whatever guise that comes, but my interest doesn’t spread further than anyone in AFCB kit.

Would also much rather put the praise on our dominant performance and give us credit for making the opposition look poor.

Let's be honest the match yesterday could have gone either way, had they went 2-1 up when they were clearly on top, it could of been a different story. Much work to do with our full backs, they gave it away to much imo but agree that was a much improved performance from Rico though. Not impressed with Harry Wilson so far and I hope Stacey will improve with more premier league experience.

Fraser didn't even play the second game for Scotland. He was dropped. Lerma on the other hand was rested as he only got back on Friday.

;