Everton Tickets

Think they have judged it right but have the option to get more. IF we are safe by then, would think most regular travellers would like one more away game before the summer break relaxed in the knowledge there is no pressure.

Every game is so tense nowadays (even if we win, every win bar Villa by just one goal!) that it will be nice to enjoy a match.

Don’t think we would get 3k though on a bank holiday (lot of families) plus boxing night before….unless we still need a result to stay up

Think they have judged it right but have the option to get more. IF we are safe by then, would think most regular travellers would like one more away game before the summer break relaxed in the knowledge there is no pressure.

Every game is so tense nowadays (even if we win, every win bar Villa by just one goal!) that it will be nice to enjoy a match.

Don’t think we would get 3k though on a bank holiday (lot of families) plus boxing night before….unless we still need a result to stay up

I agree with this but whilst there is a chance we could need something, I think a potential £30-40k hit is worth it to ensure we have the best support possible (while also reducing Everton’s). Easy for me to say when it’s not my money though.

I agree with this but whilst there is a chance we could need something, I think a potential £30-40k hit is worth it to ensure we have the best support possible (while also reducing Everton’s). Easy for me to say when it’s not my money though.
I agree and sounds like that we have that option according to above posts - thus, haven’t rejected the tickets just yet

I haven't got my tickets yet but have been wondering whether it is the right atmosphere to take a 9 year old. If Everton go down I think it will be v toxic, primarily towards their owners, but I don't want to get him caught up in anything. Hopefully we'll be long safe before the game so it won't be a straight shootout and the potential that we stay up at Everton's expense, which is the worst case scenario.

Am I a) being overly worried or b) being rightly cautious?

I've not been to Goodison before.

Reactions: DJ
I haven't got my tickets yet but have been wondering whether it is the right atmosphere to take a 9 year old. If Everton go down I think it will be v toxic, primarily towards their owners, but I don't want to get him caught up in anything. Hopefully we'll be long safe before the game so it won't be a straight shootout and the potential that we stay up at Everton's expense, which is the worst case scenario.

Goodison is one of the friendliest grounds we've been to. Good chippy by the church on the corner of Glawdys st, eat our chips outside there. Loads of Everton fans stop for a chat, love their football bit like the Geordies : )
Have no qualms or problems trundling the Good Lady around the outside of the stadium. Stewards are good, more experienced than some kid that's been given a walkie talkie and told to get on with it. Only negative could be if they're relegated but I would think the anger will be at the owners not us. The other scenario is they're safe and give Dychey a 5 year contract again the anger will be at the owners not us : )

Don't forget it's last match of the season, so your lad will be able to marvel at all the grownups in fancy dress waving inflatables : )

We went in their supporters bar/pub outside the ground last time, wearing colours and still welcomed in. All keen to have a chat on the upcoming game etc. It’s one of the most welcoming places you can go. You’ll be fine.

I think a lot will rest on the next two games we have... 4 or 6 points from WHU and Soton and we could be safe already, and I think a lot will give Everton a miss IMO... especially given the later KO time...

get very little from these games (and Leeds perhaps) and we could be seeing a lot riding on the Everton game...

Tricky call for all the obvious reasons. Agree with comments above.

Another consideration for your lad is the view. Goodison is possibly worse than Palace. There are some dreadful restricted view seats behind pillars (they are flagged on our ticket map) but that tier is also right underneath the one above so you can get the "letterbox" view where you can't see the ball in the air or even the sky itself, particularly further back in that section.

Seats in the angle behind the corner or down the front are unaffected and might be best.

A few minutes on a view from my seat website will show you!

Tricky call for all the obvious reasons. Agree with comments above.

Another consideration for your lad is the view. Goodison is possibly worse than Palace. There are some dreadful restricted view seats behind pillars (they are flagged on our ticket map) but that tier is also right underneath the one above so you can get the "letterbox" view where you can't see the ball in the air or even the sky itself, particularly further back in that section.

Seats in the angle behind the corner or down the front are unaffected and might be best.

A few minutes on a view from my seat website will show you!
Remember getting absolutely drenched last time.

If they go down it will be toxic as you say and they'll probably be on the pitch as a mass protest against the owners. How that transpires on the day is anyones call but it won't be pretty . Every section of support without fail has a few morons who will front up the oppo on other side of the stewards, just make for the exit. If you want to hang around just clap them, 'going down with the scummers' won't wear it.;)

If they go down it will be toxic as you say and they'll probably be on the pitch as a mass protest against the owners. How that transpires on the day is anyones call but it won't be pretty . Every section of support without fail has a few morons who will front up the oppo on other side of the stewards, just make for the exit. If you want to hang around just clap them, 'going down with the scummers' won't wear it.;)

Tickets bought, and thanks IAD to pointing me in the direction of the view from my seat website. Agree, best to leave quietly, it would be good to clap our players but they may have bolted for the changing room.

To think, it was only a year ago I had to stop the youngster from shouting at Preston fans who were celebrating their undeserved last minute winner!

Those were the days but I can’t remember the result, I also remember going to Hartlepool with the same lady and we won that one!
I was on the York coach too as I knew Lucille and John well.

Clearly remember wandering around the Shambles and the market first thing and eating strawberry flans for breakfast. I'm revisiting for the first time quite soon so I'll try and retrace my steps and find the flans!

I'm pretty sure it was 0-0 and I have a vague memory of standing along the side... perhaps @retro red can remember more!

Heaven knows why we arrived 9 hours before kick off. I know @hba1 has his concerns about our current departure times... this might explain why I'm fairly comfortable with them!

I was on the York coach too as I knew Lucille and John well.

Clearly remember wandering around the Shambles and the market first thing and eating strawberry flans for breakfast. I'm revisiting for the first time quite soon so I'll try and retrace my steps and find the flans!

I'm pretty sure it was 0-0 and I have a vague memory of standing along the side... perhaps @retro red can remember more!

Heaven knows why we arrived 9 hours before kick off. I know @hba1 has his concerns about our current departure times... this might explain why I'm fairly comfortable with them!
I did the York trip 71-72 when Ted and Phil scored, winning 2-0 and also 72-73 for the 0-0.
I remember Lucille and John, they never missed a match for many years.

;