Ex players who were shyte.

Simpson was OK imo, for someone who was sporadically thrown into the team from time to time.

Not good enough for us in pl for sure, but sh1te is harsh imo. Product of youth too.

Decent backup for us in 2nd tier imo.

Simpson was certainly good enough in his own mind to try and dribble past Mane at Anfield when we were 1-0 up!!

How come we switched from an attacking to a counterattacking style under Eddie then?
What is meant by a plan B is to change our approach in how we play against certain opposition. My biggest irritation is why we always tried to go 'toe to toe' with the tops six 'big hitter' clubs. As a smaller club we cannot match the likes of Man City, Liverpool on footballing terms. So, we have change our approach. Burnley were leading edges at this, although I don't approve of the way they play. But, against certain opposition, playing a man to man marking job and stopping the opposition from playing seems to be more effective against the top clubs. Eddie always tried to play out and out football against these clubs and then wondered why we got torn apart.

How come we switched from an attacking to a counterattacking style under Eddie then?
We religiously played the same style throughout the season, whether it be the one we initially got promoted with or the counter attacking style he developed later on. He did adapt his style prior to the 17/18 season (to a counter attacking team) but would never have an alternate plan or way of playing during games or at different points during the season.

Jimmy Case
Was it Wes Burns (on loan from Leeds)
That winger on loan from WBA who injured himself pre kick off on his dedut

What is meant by a plan B is to change our approach in how we play against certain opposition. My biggest irritation is why we always tried to go 'toe to toe' with the tops six 'big hitter' clubs. As a smaller club we cannot match the likes of Man City, Liverpool on footballing terms. So, we have change our approach. Burnley were leading edges at this, although I don't approve of the way they play. But, against certain opposition, playing a man to man marking job and stopping the opposition from playing seems to be more effective against the top clubs. Eddie always tried to play out and out football against these clubs and then wondered why we got torn apart.

Like most things you post this is complete b*llocks. Howe tried everything against Man City, we had about 12% possession at home against them one game. Lost.

Like most things you post this is complete b*llocks. Howe tried everything against Man City, we had about 12% possession at home against them one game. Lost.
Its only b*llocks because you refuse to see the logic in what I have stated and additionally, because it was me the posted it. If anybody else had posted the exact same word for word comment you may have responded differently.

Its only b*llocks because you refuse to see the logic in what I have stated and additionally, because it was me the posted it. If anybody else had posted the exact same word for word comment you may have responded differently.

I've explained why it's b*llocks and I'm not interested in fueling your perverse sexual interest in trolling people. I bid you good day.

Jimmy Case wasnt shite. Although he was long past his best, he was still a big enough threat to offer protection to our less physical players.
Correct Jimmy Case was an excellent player for us along with Ian Harte, not a lot went past Harte that's for sure. Ivan Golac was another who performed superbly for us.

Another ancient mystery which some of our older supporter may be able the answer.

We had a player by the name of John Parsons during the seasons 1973 to 1975. He only made 8 appearances for us and scoring one goal. He was then released to join Newport County 1975 to 1977. He made 60 appearances for them and scores 23 goals.

Did we make a mistake here?

Another ancient mystery which some of our older supporter may be able the answer.

We had a player by the name of John Parsons during the seasons 1973 to 1975. He only made 8 appearances for us and scoring one goal. He was then released to join Newport County 1975 to 1977. He made 60 appearances for them and scores 23 goals.

Did we make a mistake here?
Wikipedia says his time with us was “severely hampered by injuries” and he went back to Wales in 1975 (he was born in Cardiff)

Can’t remember his name but it was a 20k sports washing exercise by the Mitchell’s and Dorchester town . He was Tom’s mate and Eddie binned him as first order of business when he returned ..oh and he beat his girlfriend (not Eddie)

Can’t remember his name but it was a 20k sports washing exercise by the Mitchell’s and Dorchester town . He was Tom’s mate and Eddie binned him as first order of business when he returned ..oh and he beat his girlfriend (not Eddie)
That was Gary Bowles.

I saw him play in a pre-season friendly at Poole Town. He was dreadful.

If the measure is expectation v reality then surely George Best needs to be on the list? He might have filled Dean Court but he didn't exactly light it up. After he'd been dragged out of the pub to play of course. Where did it all go wrong George?!

If the measure is expectation v reality then surely George Best needs to be on the list? He might have filled Dean Court but he didn't exactly light it up. After he'd been dragged out of the pub to play of course. Where did it all go wrong George?!
It all went wrong for George when he decided that alcohol and womanising became more of a priority than playing football.

;