FA Cup 3rd round

What a **************** system.
if I hadn’t looked at this thread I would have no clue that my ST seat was saved for me under Reserved Tickets.
Had originally looked at the seat map, seen my st seat was unavailable and was about to look to sit elsewhere.
Do you think they try to make things as difficult as possible?

You one of the Grey hairs Foleys mentioned?

Phoned ticket office and asked if I could get my ticket for Burnley.

Answer yes, paid, job done, all done in less than 5 minutes.

Whenever things have gone wrong with my ticket buying
I have always found the ticket office staff really helpful and always sort things out. The problem seems to be how the system itself is always rubbish!
The point being that in this day and age you shouldn’t really need the ticket office staff to get things done. It’s great that they are there and get things sorted, but with a fit for purpose online ticketing system they would have a lot less to deal with. If you are going to encourage people to use your ticketing site, at least ensure that it works and is easy to understand.
It sounds as though even experienced users are experiencing problems when trying to purchase tickets, which is a clear indication that things could and should be better !
I’d still want us to maintain the ticket office for advice and the resolution of tricky requirements though, I am by no means advocating an online only booking system !

The point being that in this day and age you shouldn’t really need the ticket office staff to get things done. It’s great that they are there and get things sorted, but with a fit for purpose online ticketing system they would have a lot less to deal with. If you are going to encourage people to use your ticketing site, at least ensure that it works and is easy to understand.
It sounds as though even experienced users are experiencing problems when trying to purchase tickets, which is a clear indication that things could and should be better !
I’d still want us to maintain the ticket office for advice and the resolution of tricky requirements though, I am by no means advocating an online only booking system !

Sometimes the personal approach is better and quicker than relying on technology.

Remember years ago going in greengrocers where they would add your shopping in their head and you gave them cash.

These days a machine does it for you, but what happens when there is a power failure or the machines go down? ;)

Problems continue and the £3 booking fee for doing their work doesn'thelp.

When we get a new ticketing system road test it with a few non computer literate golden oldies like me to iron out the bugs. I don't even like renewing my season ticket on line much prefering a trip to Dean Court but to me the system isn't simple plus the £3 fee rangles.

We are all in this together so please cater for all of us not just those with magic fingers.

It always pisses me off that you get charged £3 for the privilege of them posting a ticket to you when it previously was loaded onto your ST. The system seemed to work fine but they stopped doing it for some reason.
Anyone know if they ever tried to justify it ?

It always pisses me off that you get charged £3 for the privilege of them posting a ticket to you when it previously was loaded onto your ST. The system seemed to work fine but they stopped doing it for some reason.
Anyone know if they ever tried to justify it ?
There’s also one point in terms of why we can’t drag our ticket system up until at least other clubs 2005 ticket systems… there’s also a separate point in if we can’t why are we charging more than the postage amount?

The further disadvantage is that as ST holders you know what to do with your season ticket at the scanner. With a relatively unfamiliar paper ticket everything is slower because you inevitably cockwomble with it.

;