FA Cup replays scrapped

My guess is yes. Sadly we voted against the EFL deal.
Cmon, don't you know we're billy big bollox Bournemouth now? Now we are becoming an established PL team with a wealthy Yankee owner what happened over 10 years ago has been scrubbed from the history books. L2 and L1? Never happened .

This is a travesty. I doubt very much it's the lower end EPL clubs voting against it. This is about the 'top' clubs who compete at European level regularly.

This is a travesty. I doubt very much it's the lower end EPL clubs voting against it. This is about the 'top' clubs who compete at European level regularly.
Probably wasn’t even a vote .

That would have made some sense .

They just got told it was going to happen and tough luck .

Probably wasn’t even a vote .

That would have made some sense .

They just got told it was going to happen and tough luck .
I heard on the radio earlier that one party was claiming agreement, whilst another party was saying they wern't any discussions.

We now have a Government looking to intervene, but this is a desperate Government looking for votes.

My original point stands. This is a travesty.

I heard on the radio earlier that one party was claiming agreement, whilst another party was saying they wern't any discussions.

We now have a Government looking to intervene, but this is a desperate Government looking for votes.

My original point stands. This is a travesty.
Argument for football regulator has been around for a limited time.
For an organisation that has so many issues, points deductions, legal challenges delaying penalties being applied post season end potentially, clubs losing tens of millions, but claim the PL works fine, needs intervention. I'd say nothing to do with the government looking for votes, more about fans wanting their clubs to survive and the leagues to run sustainably, without the madness we are seeing right now

I’d rather keep all the replays and scrap the League Cup.
I say keep both, if the bog clubs want to win multiple trophy's then they should work for them not have a easy ride because they may have to play a extra few games a season. a club can play a rotated team and it still means lower league clubs may have another revenue stream if they have some lucky draws

Argument for football regulator has been around for a limited time.
For an organisation that has so many issues, points deductions, legal challenges delaying penalties being applied post season end potentially, clubs losing tens of millions, but claim the PL works fine, needs intervention. I'd say nothing to do with the government looking for votes, more about fans wanting their clubs to survive and the leagues to run sustainably, without the madness we are seeing right now
Lot's of fair points there.

I just heard the name 'Rishi Sunak' and thought of Government intervention.

"It is understood the decision was taken after pressure from the top six clubs in the Premier League, who are concerned about the workload on their players before the introduction of an expanded Champions League format next season."

So their 'punishment' for trying to heck off to a super league is... *checks notes* more Champions League games and revenue for their exclusive little club and dictating changes to other competitions in England to the detriment of all the smaller clubs?

That'll teach them!

A boycott could make things really interesting. Good on Accrington for trying to stand up for themselves.

…so ‘multiple player injury problems’ that occur during the Winter isn’t ‘bad news’ for non-PL clubs who have no choice but to play, then?
I feel for the lower division clubs as we were one ourselves not long ago. Higher status carriies its privaledges. The Winter break is essential to rest the players and to recover from injury.
…so ‘multiple player injury problems’ that occur during the Winter isn’t ‘bad news’ for non-PL clubs who have no choice but to play, then?

I say keep both, if the bog clubs want to win multiple trophy's then they should work for them not have a easy ride because they may have to play a extra few games a season. a club can play a rotated team and it still means lower league clubs may have another revenue stream if they have some lucky draws
This is it. It’s a squad game after all

What I don’t understand here with the bigger sides in the Premier League…why not just put out development squad sides, like what happens in the Paint Pot, in the league cup. That way you lower your fixture overload much more than you would scrapping any FA Cup replays you may or may not be involved in.

Also name a stronger side in the FA Cup and win it without the need for a replay.

OR - when each tie is decided, the clubs negotiate what they want. Default is tie is played as drawn with a replay. But the two sides can decide themselves if a game goes to a replay, extra time or straight to penalties. They can also decide to switch the tie. - I know it takes some of the romance away, but sometimes you have to be pragmatic.

This trickles down from the bigger clubs as well.

Forest and Brentford were complaining about replays earlier in the season.

In fairness Pep at Man City seems to always play a strong side to get the job done but I guess without playing the kids any team they field will be very powerful.

I am sure Man U and Chelsea certainly won't find the cup as a distraction if they win it - particularly the managers!

Probably been mentioned before, but i havent bothered to look in this thread as to why football is being tinkered with.

Replays help the lower clubs....inconvenience the big clubs.

Hence scrapped.

Wake up peeps........

This ain't cricket.

What I don’t understand here with the bigger sides in the Premier League…why not just put out development squad sides, like what happens in the Paint Pot, in the league cup. That way you lower your fixture overload much more than you would scrapping any FA Cup replays you may or may not be involved in.

Also name a stronger side in the FA Cup and win it without the need for a replay.

OR - when each tie is decided, the clubs negotiate what they want. Default is tie is played as drawn with a replay. But the two sides can decide themselves if a game goes to a replay, extra time or straight to penalties. They can also decide to switch the tie. - I know it takes some of the romance away, but sometimes you have to be pragmatic.
Pragmatism=greed. What is both clubs can’t agree?

There no consideration of supporters in your suggestions.

Saw a tweet this morning from a journalist that Spurs and Newcastle playing a friendly in Melbourne three days after season finishes. Not sure how true that is but we all know of so many of these style of games. It’s never been about player welfare or supporters.

I just don’t understand how a few clubs get to decide this. The governing bodies always run scared of them. Ultimately they should be 1 voice in 92. As us, Luton and Bradford have proved you are never sure what division you will be in and when.

I mean when the PL punish Man City for their financial misdemeanours they may well be back in league 1 praying for the money from a replay… *cough *cough never going to happen

Saw a tweet this morning from a journalist that Spurs and Newcastle playing a friendly in Melbourne three days after season finishes. Not sure how true that is but we all know of so many of these style of games. It’s never been about player welfare or supporters.

I just don’t understand how a few clubs get to decide this. The governing bodies always run scared of them. Ultimately they should be 1 voice in 92. As us, Luton and Bradford have proved you are never sure what division you will be in and when.

I mean when the PL punish Man City for their financial misdemeanours they may well be back in league 1 praying for the money from a replay… *cough *cough never going to happen
No doubt our pre season tour will be in America.

;