FACTS 3

AlGard

UTC Legend
Which is incorrect.

Today: The UK.

1. The Queen is the legal owner of one-sixth of the Earth's land surface.

2. In the UK, accents change noticeably about every 25 miles.

3. It is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament.

4. The UK is smaller than the U.S. state of Oregon.

5. Bangladesh has more English speakers than the UK

6. The yearly Global production of Kit Kats could stretch around the London Underground more than 350 times.

7. The average car in Britain is parked for 96% of the time.

8. In 1999, it was reported in the UK that over 3,000 people were hospitalized after tripping over a laundry basket.

9. The world's shortest scheduled airline flight lasts 2 minutes. It connects two islands in the UK.

10. Of all the countries that celebrate an independence day, over 50 are celebrating becoming independent of the UK.

Answers at 5pm

It's got to be 9.

If laundry baskets were that dangerous the HSE would have issued guidelines for their use.
:hmmm:

Maybe they have...................................

Number 3, I seem to think I've read about it before

Could easily be a couple of others, like the Oregon one is probably going to be very close whatever the outcome

Guess at No1 .... not sure she actually Owns that Land ..especially Canada/ Aussie etc...she is just the Monarch ...owning just her buildings and its acreage...I sincerely hope I'm right !!!

I know these two to be true:

2. In the UK, accents change noticeably about every 25 miles. Sometimes even a lot less. In Liverpool, for example, you can tell what school someone went to by the way they pronounce River Mersey.

9. The world's shortest scheduled airline flight lasts 2 minutes. It connects two islands in the UK. Westray to Papa Westray

So I am going for this one:

5. Bangladesh has more English speakers than the UK

Had it been India then it would be true, but I am confident that there are not 65 million speakers of English In Bangladesh.

I’m going for no:4. Alaska or Texas maybe but not Oregon.

A good number of the US states with straight line boundaries are around about the same size +/- 15% as the UK, but most of those states are just a bit smaller. On that basis, I would say that 4 is true.

I think number 1 is true because in my early school days (and I go back further than Bill) I was taught that since 1066, all land belonged to the Crown. If you include places like Canada, then it could well be true.

I’m going to go for 1. I know categorically 9 is true as there’s been plenty of videos on YouTube about this flight. It can actually be done in under a minute depending on the wind

;