Covid & Football

Personally I can’t think of any all-seater stadiums with a 4,000 capacity...any ground with a 4,000 capacity is likely to be a mix of seats and standing and so would be worked accordingly.

WHY...f√cking Why...should some grounds be Allowed fans in ...when others in a different ' tier' do Not...How 'Fair' is that?

[ (However I do agree that for example...special consideration should be given to Manu and Liverpool to have 50,000. for say a cup tie v Scunthorpe or Hungerford!...I mean fook me that's standard trend! ) ] close brackets.

I dunno if I know what the f√ck I'm on about ..but its travelled out of my brain and down my arm and into the keys...

There was half a crate of Tanglefoot smiling at me in Co-op on the bargain shelf..1/4 price ..and I'm part way into it.

This is great for us.
But to be fair, the upshot may be that only a select few clubs will have "home" games this season, and the rest won't get any.
Doesn't quite seem fair, from the perspective of integrity of competition.
It means that in our remaining games - if the tiers don't change - we'll have a supportive crowd cheering us on 50% of the time, an opposing crowd maybe 18% of the time, and 32% of the time there will be no crowd (effectively neutral).
[edit to tweak the percentages - given 14 Champ clubs can't have fans]

Last edited:
This is great for us.
But to be fair, the upshot may be that only a select few clubs will have "home" games this season, and the rest won't get any.
Doesn't quite seem fair, from the perspective of integrity of competition.
It means that in our remaining games - if the tiers don't change - we'll have a supportive crowd cheering us on 50% of the time, an opposing crowd maybe 20% of the time, and 30% of the time there will be no crowd (effectively neutral).

Agree, I can't say I like the inequity of it even though it will probably mean I get to see some live football.

I don’t really buy the integrity of the competition argument. When we started playing behind closed doors and settled leagues on points per game, integrity had already been lost. Now we’ve crossed that road, it’s just a case of completing the season by any means possible with or without fans.

I think it is unfair - feeling was boro away was tougher given the trial with fans in - but reality is covid everything has changed so much. It’s exceptional so we have to cope.

the hope is that with warmer weather and vaccines available, the last two months can see further steps back to normality.

I think it is unfair - feeling was boro away was tougher given the trial with fans in - but reality is covid everything has changed so much. It’s exceptional so we have to cope.

the hope is that with warmer weather and vaccines available, the last two months can see further steps back to normality.
Someone, who may not be reliable, told me it was going to be one of the coldest winters for a while, and some suggestions are that we heading for post Christmas lockdown, so I would accept what will be will be.

When they are sorting out who is in and who's out, they never mention the corporate box holders, do they go into lottery or have their own?

Someone, who may not be reliable, told me it was going to be one of the coldest winters for a while, and some suggestions are that we heading for post Christmas lockdown, so I would accept what will be will be.

When they are sorting out who is in and who's out, they never mention the corporate box holders, do they go into lottery or have their own?

certainly had mild winters of late since beast from east - could do with mild again or does cold kill off germs?

"It is Club policy that all supporters must wear a face cover when entering and exiting the Stadium. Face covers may/may not/only be removed once in your seat/standing area and/or while eating or drinking."

I hope that's clear.....!

"On arrival at the ground please be aware that social distancing and safety measures will be in operation and follow all Club signage, instructions and guidance issued by stewards and/or Club personnel."

Does anyone know in which direction the inevitable queue for the North stand will be?

It would be handy if it passed the Firkin Shed.

It also mentions that you should arrive early; but no mention is made of how many days.

"It is Club policy that all supporters must wear a face cover when entering and exiting the Stadium. Face covers may/may not/only be removed once in your seat/standing area and/or while eating or drinking."

I hope that's clear.....!
Yes I'm sure that's clear/not clear and we all know/don't know how to behave now that things have been clarified/confused.
:unsure:
Seriously, that is some pretty lazy explaining right there. I guess it must have been close to clocking off time when that person was asked to write something to clarify the situation for the fans so they could get it online sharpish.
Quality writing right there !

Yes I'm sure that's clear/not clear and we all know/don't know how to behave now that things have been clarified/confused.
:unsure:
Seriously, that is some pretty lazy explaining right there. I guess it must have been close to clocking off time when that person was asked to write something to clarify the situation for the fans so they could get it online sharpish.
Quality writing right there !

I believe you could well be right/wrong.

Seen it reported by one journo that fans will be able to have a pint at the football but ONLY in their seat! That will surely require a change to the existing law about not drinking in your seat. Unclear if a scotch egg is required with a beer too!

Change of law, by-law, or something else? It's legal to drink at the rugby so suspect that it's not a law change, but perhaps a change of licensing permissions. Given no away fans and limited attendance this might be an easy thing to grant. Maybe they will even do delivery to seat service :guiness:

;