Covid & Football

Meanwhile, Northern Ireland extend their circuit break for another week...but there are fans in the stadium for the play-off game :shrug:

Imagine having critical public health decisions being reliant on the DUP and Sinn Fein agreeing with one another. That said their stats are better than England so maybe it would be a better option than Johnson.

Saw that - guess tier 3 clubs might have a grumble !

If it happens.

We keep hearing little hints and suggestions but nothing seems to really be concrete.

Last edited:
Interesting. As has been pointed out on the pandemic thread BCP numbers have been moving in the right direction so hopefully we'll be in the lower tiers.

Going from zero to 4k seems a bit of a jump. Wouldn't be a bad idea to start opening with just a couple thousand and seeing how things go, testing out the processes and getting supporters and stewards used to it all. No harm in ramping up gradually, we don't have to immediately go mental. I've been all for a proportionate approach to restrictions, I'd equally be for a proportionate approach to lifting things.

Once upon a time in dark days past, a 4k limit would have covered a good chunk of our whole attendance :grinning:

I can also see an almighty 'integrity of the competition' type argument coming with some clubs in lower risk areas being allowed supporters, whilst other clubs are still forced to play behind closed doors. Could they apply a lower but consistent limit across the board regardless of club/location?

I can also see an almighty 'integrity of the competition' type argument coming with some clubs in lower risk areas being allowed supporters, whilst other clubs are still forced to play behind closed doors. Could they apply a lower but consistent limit across the board regardless of club/location?

I can hear Liverpool/Everton and Man U/City in full cry and maybe even more importantly lower leagues clubs who will miss out on much needed revenue.

Probably last 2 weeks or so before something goes wrong at a big game .

Suspect BCP will go into Tier 2 which is really where it should have been previously if you compare the number of cases to other parts of the country with similar number of cases.

2000 sounds about right anyway because obviously stewards and other match day staff are going to have extra responsibilities and it makes sense to ease things in.

One occasion where having a pokey little ground will be an advantage.
2k in DC should produce a bit better sense of fans being back than 2k rattling around in some soulless bowl like the Madejski

;