Fans Champion

Winsor Cherry - I echo all the sentiments above. Your Dad displayed plenty of showmanship and the crowd loved it! What a great way to put a smile on everyone's faces, prior to a wonderful afternoon's entertainment to kick off a new season! I love the bit about your Dad being set up on Twitter and the comment "this might go viral"!

All the very best to your Dad, and of course your Mum too

A massive thank you to everyone that has replied and liked this post it really is appreciated.

Sometimes fans on here may not see eye to eye, however on occasions like these everyone comes together with thoughtful and supportive words. This response has really highlighted how wonderful fans on this forum really are.

As Dad doesn't view Vitals I intend on his Birthday to present him with some form of scrap book with all these magnificent supportive comments including those appearing on Twitter plus I will also list all those that have liked the posts (currently 260+). I am sure the incredible response will bring many a tear to his eye.

A big Thank you to all you fellow Cherries. :clap::clap:

This is my Dad who will be 90 later this month. I was so proud to see him on Saturday and found it a very emotional experience. I loved the fact that so many at Dean Court listened to Mike Botto and then stood and really applauded when Dad walked on with the match ball.

It meant the world to him & he is now constantly talking about it. I visited him yesterday and my sister has set him up on Twitter so he could see Mike's Tweet and read the lovely comments from our marvelous fans. He is the last person to use any social media, so he floored me when he said "This might go viral & it's got 186likes!". It made me think that social media does do some good, so perhaps by me sharing how much all this has meant maybe one or two of us that use twitter could add either a quick like or twitter comment on Mike Bottos post. As yet Dad doesn't use vitals but I'm working on him, perhaps in another 90yrs!

We all have one thing in common and that is our love for AFCB and what a unique special club we have. So thank you once again AFCB, Mike Botto & us the fans for making his day or should I say year. .:utc:
You dad = mine and Kinson Cherry’s dad, just with a little more Cherries history :utc:

Thanks for posting this, my Dad always said his first game was 46/47 season 5-2 v Swindon, nice to see it recorded. Decent crowd too(y)

Looked like a crazy season. Battered Swindon home and away in the space of four days and still managed to lose to Walsall in between.

;