Favourite Ever Home Game

Has to be the one that started it all off for me. 16th April 1963. Boscombe 2 Coventry 1. Coventry were top of the league at the time, we were 4th I think when only 2 teams were promoted. 2 crackers from Ray Bumstead kept our hopes of promotion alive. It wasn’t to be unfortunately but that match started a 55 year love affair with the Cherries.

Apart from the obvious it was great to see Fletch get a hat trick (I think against Brentford?!) Our 5-3 win against Cardiff in our Champ promotion season was exciting too. Some heartbreak too; 0-0 v Wrexham which meant we didn’t get to the playoffs that year (99?) Also the last second penalty which Sheff Wed scored which I was convinced would keep us in the Champ (I was wrong!)

My favourite ever goal is the third Vs Everton in the 3-3 absolutely vital to our recent history too.

My favourite non-obvious home game is AFCB 2-1 Boston United from early 2003. The first late comeback I'd seen and was hooked from that moment on.

Boston is up there for me as well!! Fans had left in huge numbers and then 2 quick goals! First season I did every league & cup match

Vs Notts Forest, we were in an injury crisis. Our forward pair of Vokes and Pitman combined age 35 ran rings around Wes Morgan and company. Can’t remember the score but the Derby supporting colleague, spent all evening texting his Forest friends, unsurprisingly he had very few replies.
we won 2 0

;