Favourite Premier League Goal?

NWCherries98

Fans' Favourite

The premier league have an official youtube channel now, and they've been posting a bunch of videos on each clubs best goals in the league. Seeing as this forum is 80% old farts who love reminiscing, I was wondering what everyone's favourite goals were so far?

I particularly love the last one in this video, vs Swansea in our second season. It's just great build up play, and was probably one of our earliest, completely dominant performances in the league.

...a few I liked;

Defoe v Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park, great chip over the keeper.

Wilson v WBA at DC great back heel..

Steve Cook v Liverpool at DC, Messi-esque finish!

Wow - Never mind what the best one was - what an unbelievable catalogue of brilliant goals we have been lucky enough to see in those four seasons, and Dan's against the Saints in April wasn't even included!!

Beat me to it! Purely because of the range of emotions at the end of the game, it’s up there with my favourite goals (but far from the most important) I’ve ever seen.

Tbf there's an argument to say it was the most important PL goal we've scored. We'd been playing well but not getting any points for weeks, including dropping two points from 2-0 up at Swansea the previous week if I recall.

We'd done so well to battle back from 2-0 down to look like rescuing something from the game that it felt like a massive hammer blow when Barkley scored their 'winner' in stoppage time. Stan's goal to get us a point gave us the belief we could compete, and compete we did - 9 points from the next three games, which included Man United and Chelsea. A massive massive goal that one.

Tbf there's an argument to say it was the most important PL goal we've scored. We'd been playing well but not getting any points for weeks, including dropping two points from 2-0 up at Swansea the previous week if I recall.

We'd done so well to battle back from 2-0 down to look like rescuing something from the game that it felt like a massive hammer blow when Barkley scored their 'winner' in stoppage time. Stan's goal to get us a point gave us the belief we could compete, and compete we did - 9 points from the next three games, which included Man United and Chelsea. A massive massive goal that one.
Actually a very good point you make! I was at the Swansea match the week before, King’s first goal for us if I remember correctly. Went with a mate of mine who only loosely follows football and he was banging on about how good King was, couldn’t understand the stick he was getting.

Daniels was a hammer Was right in line with Ritchie Loved the Wilson volley Right in line with that too Goal all the way Smith doesnt score tap ins either

;