Financial difficulties?

Sponsorship will also need to be factored in. The Mansion shirt sponsorship will have been significant given the worldwide coverage of the PL

Norton Cherry - 10/1/2017 11:10

I'm just thinking in all this excitement.

If money is/was so tight, why would we have gone ahead with a season long loan for a player on £90k/week who has barely played any football for two seaons?

American Investment may well have covered that deal according to a certain poster on here.

samtonio23 - 10/1/2017 11:11

Sponsorship will also need to be factored in. The Mansion shirt sponsorship will have been significant given the worldwide coverage of the PL

Not as much as you'd think, from what I remember. On here it was suggested that we were getting a 6 figure sum. Can anyone confirm my (admittedly failing these days) memory of 500k or so a year?

What I definitely remember is that Palace are getting more from Mansion than we are. Again, figure might be wrong but something like 1-1.5 million?

It's amazing how quick people are to write off 20 year olds who sign on 4-year contracts, as if there's no absolutely chance of them improving while they're at the club.

From memory the Mansion deal wasn't any great shakes in it's first season as we were deemed a high risk of relegation, but increased year on year of PL status.

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2016/07/31/premier-league-shirt-deals-rise-to-record-226-5m-high-310701/

£2m for this season according to this. Palace getting £5m

RE Ibe

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/cherries/clubnews/15011329.AFC_Bournemouth_comment__It_would_be_folly_to_write_off_record_signing_Ibe/

northstandmark - 10/1/2017 11:27

From memory the Mansion deal wasn't any great shakes in it's first season as we were deemed a high risk of relegation, but increased year on year of PL status.

http://superstore.afcb.co.uk/afc-bournemouth/1981-82-classic-shirt-reg-heynes-toyota-10493.html

Their sponsorship deal then was probably worth what they charge for a shirt today!

abts - 10/1/2017 11:25

It's amazing how quick people are to write off 20 year olds who sign on 4-year contracts, as if there's no absolutely chance of them improving while they're at the club.

Absolutely. The same logic would have branded Stanislas, Fraser and Gosling failures in the past. These players aren't playing because those that are are flying. Don't get me wrong they need to prove themselves and games like Saturday don't help but to write them all off is ridiculous. I'd say things are going very well and we can afford to wait for the new signings to find their form - just don't play them all at once and expect anything other than a disjointed team.

Also re shirt sponorship:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3116679/Liverpool-signed-50-000-year-deal-Hitachi-1979-Manchester-United-rake-47MILLION-Chevrolet-s-shirt-sponsor-club-had.html

From what I read we made something like 75 million last year. Around 120 this year variables being tv appearances and league place. So 200 million in two years. would a billionaire really not have good people running the books?

USCherry - 10/1/2017 11:58

From what I read we made something like 75 million last year. Around 120 this year variables being tv appearances and league place. So 200 million in two years. would a billionaire really not have good people running the books?

Would a billionaire really not have good people to run the ticket office, Cherries Player, etc?

Dragon, what was it that changed you from asking the original question about the rumours being rubbish, to providing 'evidence' that it might be? I don't believe anyone wants another financial crisis, but I don't understand how you suddenly became so concerned.

AlGard - 10/1/2017 09:27

In All Departments - 10/1/2017 10:13

AlGard - 10/1/2017 08:44

tednphil - 9/1/2017 23:14

Where's AlGard when you want him to add some fruit to this thread?

The Echo comments are full of jealous Scum Trolls, so I wouldn't worry too much.

It's quite simple.
We asked Chelsea to recall Ake because we can't afford his wages anymore.
We wanted to send Wishere back as well, but there is no clause.

On the bright side, I see homebase are doing 1/2 price buckets in their sale.
Just saying like!

... and he doesn't disappoint.

:hihi:

All I am trying to do is condense 2 threads in to one. :hihi:

Please do not think this post is serious in anyway..Like Lofty.

P.S. Forgot to add. We wanted to asked Liverpool to invoke the Ibe buy back clause, but they seem to have changed their phone number.
Gutted I fell for it :fishing:

ErikthViking - 10/1/2017 07:07

USCherry - 10/1/2017 11:58

Would a billionaire really not have good people to run the ticket office, Cherries Player, etc?
funny but I get your point. Although I would point at the chief exec being the one he needs to replace

SlowDownDerek - 10/1/2017 11:50

Absolutely. The same logic would have branded Stanislas, Fraser and Gosling failures in the past. These players aren't playing because those that are are flying. Don't get me wrong they need to prove themselves and games like Saturday don't help but to write them all off is ridiculous. I'd say things are going very well and we can afford to wait for the new signings to find their form - just don't play them all at once and expect anything other than a disjointed team.

Fraser hit the ground running (no pun intended) in my opinion, he was making an impact on games straight away, Stanislas and Gosling however were both slated regularly when they arrived, but then who isn't. King's not fit to wear the shirt, one bloke here was unfortunate enough to be sat behind Scott Parker on two separate occasions whilst slating Harry Arter

cockbeard - 10/1/2017 13:30

Fraser hit the ground running (no pun intended) in my opinion, he was making an impact on games straight away, Stanislas and Gosling however were both slated regularly when they arrived, but then who isn't. King's not fit to wear the shirt, one bloke here was unfortunate enough to be sat behind Scott Parker on two separate occasions whilst slating Harry Arter

Wasn’t Adam Smith not fit to wear the shirt too? Where football’s concerned people have a 5 minute attention span and it’s because of this that we have such a managerial merry go round and player development in this country is such a mess.

The change in king has been incredible but junior has been even more spectacular. From an attacking point of view he is our midfielder with greatest attacking impact.

Red Sky - 10/1/2017 13:52

cockbeard - 10/1/2017 13:30

Wasn’t Adam Smith not fit to wear the shirt too? Where football’s concerned people have a 5 minute attention span and it’s because of this that we have such a managerial merry go round and player development in this country is such a mess.

It's not just football - it's everywhere in society.

;