First board meeting.

Ivyhouse

Star Player
I wonder what would happen if after the first board meeting they give Eddie an ultimatum to clear out the back room and call in some seasoned coaches. Would Eddie sacrifice JT or would he fall on his sword ?

not sure that would happen though and if he was given that ultimatium I think Eddie would walk away?

I’ve been all in favour of a bit more diversity in our coaching set up but the likelihood of this happening at a time when costs need to be cut is nonexistent. It would be an especially foolish demand if we wanted Eddie to stay.

Relegation will necessitate a significant reduction in the back room team regardless - we will no longer be able to afford all the luxury trappings of a PL outfit. So whoever the manager is will face some difficulty early decisions; harder for Eddie as he will have built a relationship with all of them. Will the board trust him to be ruthless? I don't envy the Board or Eddie in the coming days.

Relegation will necessitate a significant reduction in the back room team regardless - we will no longer be able to afford all the luxury trappings of a PL outfit. So whoever the manager is will face some difficulty early decisions; harder for Eddie as he will have built a relationship with all of them. Will the board trust him to be ruthless? I don't envy the Board or Eddie in the coming days.
This is true, the ex player theme runs all the way through the staffing levels into many community projects and many coaching categories that the club may have to cost cut at some point. Some difficult conversations ahead for Eddie and the board, unfortunately.

I think he would back JT and others.... and then that would be it..
but I'm prepared to be shocked..
....or not ..in equal measure.

Regardless of Eddie being very loyal, I can guarantee part of Eddie's thought process right now will be to consider if the people he has surrounded himself with, are the right people to move the club, or his own career forward...

I don't think the board will need to lay this out to him...
He badly needs someone with more experience than him to bring his career on. This is normal. Anyone talented would need this at this stage of their career.

He badly needs someone with more experience than him to bring his career on. This is normal. Anyone talented would need this at this stage of their career.

To be fair he has spent time with Sarri and others to hone his trade. The Lyon game was very Sarriball. He's not stupid, he knows there's things to learn, that the game evolves and he doesn't always have all the answers.

Out of interested what kind of person are you suggesting?

We talk about ' the Board' and the conversation that will take place.

I am aware of Max and Mostyn being part of ' the Board' but does anyone know the full make up, and the executive roles they hold?

;