First board meeting.

Could EH be having high level talks with the missus...I imagine the type of bloke he is. she will get some input to his future plans.
I think that could work in our favour ..unless she insists he takes a complete break for a while.

From the media talk they gave the impression that the talks would be around midweek, yesterday and possibly today.

So maybe another statement is imminent?

The MD statement was around this time or a few minutes earlier.

Last edited:
From the media talk they gave the impression that the talks would be around midweek, yesterday and possibly today.

So could maybe another statement is imminent?

The MD statement was around this time or a few minutes earlier.

Max’s statement coincided with season tickets going on sale.

I’d imagine, if possible, Eddie Howe news will come shortly after the Nathan Ake deal is confirmed.

Agree, I think the midfield problems were really the insistence of only playing 2 in the centre. When you look at the players available Lerma, Billing, Cook, Surman, and Gosling with the likes of Stanislas, Brooks and Wilson also able to play in a fairly central role if needed I think we had plenty of ability there - we just didn't pick them.

particulary a problem in away games. But a bigger issue was that regularly 3 - 5 players didn’t put a shift in for the team. When that happens doesn’t matter what formation you play

Last edited:
Well there it was then. I’m sure we will find out bit by bit what went on but my suspicion is that Eddie was ordered to have a big shake up and wasn’t prepared to swing the axe. Very sad. It feels like part of the club has died today. I’ve not been inclined to count up how many managers I’ve been through in my life, bit like the Queen and Prime Ministers but this has been the best period ever and my heart is a bit heavy tonight.

Well there it was then. I’m sure we will find out bit by bit what went on but my suspicion is that Eddie was ordered to have a big shake up and wasn’t prepared to swing the axe. Very sad. It feels like part of the club has died today. I’ve not been inclined to count up how many managers I’ve been through in my life, bit like the Queen and Prime Ministers but this has been the best period ever and my heart is a bit heavy tonight.
Mine too...memories of Bolton at home come to mind, what a night. The start of a journey that has now sadly ended.

Yep, my well informed info too! Seriously though, my thoughts also. The club needs some new energy and the board probably had had enough of the old pals act Eddie had at the club, lower league players coaching Prem players who had never got anywhere near that level.

Mine too...memories of Bolton at home come to mind, what a night. The start of a journey that has now sadly ended.

the team that beat Bolton would comfortably beat the team that played this season - had team spirit and heart with the willingness to the do the hard graft needed. Eddie’s passion and hard work remained at the same level though imho

;