First Choice Midfield

You missed the point I was making, we could well improve on them yes but the point I was making that the partnership is pivotal when choosing the combination. We’ve never seen Adams play with Christie so who’s to know they would have anywhere near the same chemistry?

On your point about Arter and Surman I disagree, they did have an awesome chemistry together but we never at any stage looked as good as we do now in the PL with those two in our midfield. Christie and Cook are clear imo.

I was a huge fan of Surman and Arter, had many a battle debate over what Surman brought to the side and of course Arter’s tenacious battling and work rate.

The individual performance of Arter against Everton in particular has never been bettered, but I think Cook and Christie have eclipsed them as a partnership.

Not sure about Scott, he is certainly a good footballer, but I didn't like his fingers to the lips to Fulham fans and his interview on MOTD was all about him. We don't need a Grealish type.
He has an attitude and I hope he doesn't think he is too good for Bournemouth.
Fulham fans got back what they were dishing out.

Cook, Christie and Scott for me. Today.

Rothwell in danger of becoming the forgotten man.
There’s been a few times this year when I thought he’d start and he hasn’t. Clearly he doesn’t do something that AI wants but not sure what it is as he has looked good on brief cameos.

Reactions: DJ
Indeed I asked a while back but no one seemed to know. Maybe some history there.
I wondered if maybe it was us and them in for him. I know he rejected going to Wolves, maybe also Fulham? He didn’t do anything in the match and they haven’t played Bristol City for two years.

Kluivert at 10 was one of those key moments in the AI system working, almost as much as Christie dropping deeper. AI will favour those two I believe.
But with our high energy game we are always going to rotate in and out.
Scott gets the third slot, but Cook and Billing get plenty of game time.
I think David Brooks comes into the argument as a 10 in an AI team.

Well it was about hypothetically if they are fit and at the peak of their game. Unless you are questioning the recruitment he was supposed to be the jewel in the crown so was assuming he’d be good. Maybe I’m too trusting of Hughes….

So you have seen how he plays with these players and also how he plays after a long injury? Something that always takes a % from a player?

Lets just chuck him back in as the best, shouldnt unsettle the team.

Ive seen him play before...not sure what you've seen that would put him ahead of what we have right now?

So you have seen how he plays with these players and also how he plays after a long injury? Something that always takes a % from a player?

Lets just chuck him back in as the best, shouldnt unsettle the team.

Ive seen him play before...not sure what you've seen that would put him ahead of what we have right now?
It’s a hypothetical question, a bit of fun, assuming they are all on peak form and fitness. For a start that’s unlikely to happen so it’s largely immaterial as a question in the first place if you want to pick holes!

I always start with the premise a player is excellent until they prove otherwise as a natural optimist, particularly one of Adam’s pedigree. He is also the only true CDM we have alongside Cook. One of the only things we have in common is our support of Cook who on his day is top PL quality.

We’ve seen that again recently. Him being available for Spurs was actually what started this debate off with me and my lad.

Well they will because I never pass judgement on a player until I’ve seen them play a few times.

Fair play for your new found optimism for signings like Adam's, it seems as if you're trying to back the club a bit more than the last two seasons when you've largely written players off way too early as many have pointed out. It's a good change but I doubt anyone will just forget the years of agenda driven slating of new signings very quickly.

Having a pop at someone for not backing the club yesterday because they had criticised the manager was funny too btw.

It doesn’t in a way as most of the others shop at Waitrose…

The joke has been made when I mentioned to others. He was in there with his wife and kids. Was kinda refreshing to be honest. You often get the impression that modern Premier league footballers are a bit separated from the normal and shopping in Asda with the young family is about as normal as it gets.

The joke has been made when I mentioned to others. He was in there with his wife and kids. Was kinda refreshing to be honest. You often get the impression that modern Premier league footballers are a bit separated from the normal and shopping in Asda with the young family is about as normal as it gets.
Yes read into this what you will but often used to bump into Marc Pugh in Asda in Poole. This year when in Waitrose getting the Xmas stuff (I get told to do this) Ryan Fraser was miserably sauntering around on his phone in a ridiculous tracksuit while his very good looking partner was filling up a basket being totally ignored.

Yes read into this what you will but often used to bump into Marc Pugh in Asda in Poole. This year when in Waitrose getting the Xmas stuff (I get told to do this) Ryan Fraser was miserably sauntering around on his phone in a ridiculous tracksuit while his very good looking partner was filling up a basket being totally ignored.
Ryan can't reach the high shelves.

;