Fixtures out

In September/October we have Palace followed by Watford followed by Southampton. This should be an interesting place for that little run!

Can't believe how excited myself and the Good Lady were this morning, when the fixtures came out : )
Also hope to have more away days on the minibus : ) and maybe the Jumbulance, be good if they can run something to all the aways.

Currently in Bristol, we're giving "talks" at the University open days ( well, I'll be silently watching the Good Lady not embarrass us, that's her plan anyway ) : 0

Boxing Day does get moved, as does New Years day.
Personally would hope the Spurs game gets moved unless they are still at Wembley in which case I won't be going

With Amazon winning the rights to screen all 10 games on Boxing Day, will it mean from 2019/20, these games will be fixed at 3pm?

With Amazon winning the rights to screen all 10 games on Boxing Day, will it mean from 2019/20, these games will be fixed at 3pm?

So people will be able to watch any top flight game they want.. on a day when there's no public transport.. on what has traditionally been the best attended fixture in the calendar? I wonder if they will continue to be so well attended.

So people will be able to watch any top flight game they want.. on a day when there's no public transport.. on what has traditionally been the best attended fixture in the calendar? I wonder if they will continue to be so well attended.

I was only asking a question.

Whether it's good or bad for football is another debate. Also, there is some public transport on Boxing Day, even Xmas Day, just not a great deal of it. :)

They should of put local teams together for the Boxing day fixtures, but once the tv companies have dictated who is playing when, it would of
been a waste of time anyway. Not that anyone cares about the fans.

No chance, it doesn't make sense. You're cutting the total potential viewing numbers by 3 times by showing them all at the same time rather than the usual 3 game split, it would be a massive hit to advertisement revenue around the world.

On a point of detail, I think Amazon have only bought the UK rights.

That's right yeah, but if games were all played at the same time it would hurt every broadcaster around the world that can only show adverts for 90 minutes of football instead of 270 minutes of football.

;