Florist are losing it!

I'd like a different take on this - with handball being incredibly subjective perhaps the punishment needs changing rather than the definition.

Make all but stopping a clear goal scoring opportunity an indirect freekick rather than a penalty - I appreciate that adds another level of subjective but we have already coped with that for red cards in these situations.

We've led ourselves down a rabbit hole at the moment which will be very difficult to exit in the world of slow mo and VAR so lets decriminalise it a bit - somewhat similar to hockey and foot contact.
Good idea, it doesn't confer a great advantage and it doesn't endanger anyone. To virtually award a goal for what in the vast majority of cases is bad luck seems daft.

I'd like a different take on this - with handball being incredibly subjective perhaps the punishment needs changing rather than the definition.

Make all but stopping a clear goal scoring opportunity an indirect freekick rather than a penalty - I appreciate that adds another level of subjective but we have already coped with that for red cards in these situations.

We've led ourselves down a rabbit hole at the moment which will be very difficult to exit in the world of slow mo and VAR so lets decriminalise it a bit - somewhat similar to hockey and foot contact.
Been saying the same.

A slight accidental touch of ball on hand just inside the edge of the area doesn't deserve a penalty for me, give a free kick instead.

If these were the rules and we didn't know any different, I think most would think it's sensible.

A simple solution using state of the, future, arts would be. All outfield players wear arm length gauntlets with sensors in them. If the ball comes into contact with the gauntlet it immediately adheres to the arm and activates an electro-magnetic forcefield freezing every player where they are. The ref whilst also wearing the same sort of interactive boots, is also fixed in place but he will be equipped with a telescope. Using that he determines whether an offence has been committed. Having made his decision, the forcefield is tuned off and play resumes or a freekick is given. Got to be simpler than VAR : )

A simple solution using state of the, future, arts would be. All outfield players wear arm length gauntlets with sensors in them. If the ball comes into contact with the gauntlet it immediately adheres to the arm and activates an electro-magnetic forcefield freezing every player where they are. The ref whilst also wearing the same sort of interactive boots, is also fixed in place but he will be equipped with a telescope. Using that he determines whether an offence has been committed. Having made his decision, the forcefield is tuned off and play resumes or a freekick is given. Got to be simpler than VAR : )
superb!

I couldn't care less if either Forest or Everton get relegated but I find it amusing how the FA had an instant reaction on social media about the Forest tweet but did nothing when Everton literally printed and displayed thousands of flyers during a game saying PL is corrupt :rofl:

I couldn't care less if either Forest or Everton get relegated but I find it amusing how the FA had an instant reaction on social media about the Forest tweet but did nothing when Everton literally printed and displayed thousands of flyers during a game saying PL is corrupt :rofl:

Did the club print those flyers? Either way I think calling into question specific referees' integrity is a level above calling an organisation corrupt.

That PL response is the equivalent of a guy cutting you off on the highway and then giving you the finger when you honk your horn.

I see Forest don't want Neville and Carragher at their game v Man City on Sunday.

Sky should just send Micah Richards there just to wind them up!

Has any Sky pundit actually agreed with their stance?

I think they would have got more support by saying in their view the decisions were wrong rather than going on about bias etc.

Watching the Brighton game and willing them to lose but the free kick that they conceded from was a slip that wasn't corrected, they had a decent pen shout and Ake handled the ball (not a handball to my mind) which was tonnes worse than any we've conceded this season.

I'd go with deliberate or intentional. If a player is stopping the ball hitting them in the face that shouldn't be handball.

Should also be hand to ball and not ball to hand.

As for offside. Originally it was about seeking an advantage by being in an offside position. That meant offside traps wouldn't be offside. I'd say any offside that needs 5 minutes to analyse shouldn't be offside.
But it'
The Irony here is that the owner of Florist (and it must be the owner) is calling out PGMOL for bias and corruption - look at his history in Greek Football !!! ---Pot Kettle Black
S fine for him because he's such a big man who owns such a big British club.

;