Football fans and their delusions...

I hope Mousett plays, and Mings the following week. Our players know them well. We're set up for a 3 nil win Saturday, on paper.
;)

After too many decades of playing and watching football I have learned never to try to predict the result of a game. But today I am going to go against all that and take a chance on forecasting what will happen on Saturday. I predict that AFCB Vs the Blades will be a home win, or an away win or a draw, and I'm looking forward to going to DC to find out which one it will be.:confused:

If both teams play their best football, then they haven’t got a hope in hell of getting anything from the game.

I seem to recall fans of every team we played saying that in our first season post-promotion.

They didn't get up through luck, the Championship is tough so they must have some quality and their manager must have something about him.

On paper I don't think anyone could argue against us having the better squad. That's irrelevant come the 90 on Saturday though.

I seem to recall fans of every team we played saying that in our first season post-promotion.

They didn't get up through luck, the Championship is tough so they must have some quality and their manager must have something about him.

On paper I don't think anyone could argue against us having the better squad. That's irrelevant come the 90 on Saturday though.

I completely disagree with this; the comments we were getting were outright disrespectful, based on the historical size of the club with no knowledge of how good we actually were; I saw them play a lot last season, and I thought they were more Cardiff than Wolves, shall we say.

All I said regarding Sheff U was "we play better football", which is true. This is hardly a "look at us as fans, turning into the very thing we used to hate" moment.

I would also disagree with the last bit, the fact that we have a better squad is completely relevant. This is a game we should be winning, which is why I said that if both teams play their best football, we would win. I'm not saying we WILL win, I'm saying we should.

All I said regarding Sheff U was "we play better football", which is true. This is hardly a "look at us as fans, turning into the very thing we used to hate" moment

Not at all, we've been saying that to clubs that've outmuscled, bullied, and bypassed our midfield for decades

Its a decent test for them for sure as we have some real class out there. Wilson, King and wee man looked bang up for it pre season as did most of the squad.

That first half performance against Lyon was pretty damned impressive.

I wonder how they will set up? Park the bus or push forward and risk get ripped a new one.

I wonder how they will set up? Park the bus or push forward and risk get ripped a new one.
I didn’t watch that much of them last season but they do have a reputation for their ‘overlapping centre backs’. I’ve read Wilder isn’t going to compromise.

So while they might be a similar quality to Cardiff, their approach could be quite different. It could be awkward for us if they dominate the ball for periods early on. I’d like to with our counter attacking talent we can exploit any naivety in their play.

Its a decent test for them for sure as we have some real class out there. Wilson, King and wee man looked bang up for it pre season as did most of the squad.

That first half performance against Lyon was pretty damned impressive.

Yes,good point.It will be in our favour,I think,if they come at us

;