For those who believe this season is make or break

Waz afcb

Fans' Favourite
Look at Brentford. A team of players recruited from obscurity and lower league, for a fraction of the cost of ours. And they look like they’re on a different level to us. Fair play to them. Disappointing day for us, but in terms of the bigger picture it demonstrates that not all is lost if we don’t achieve the ‘big time’ this season.

Waz pops up straight away when things go wrong. A bit like cherrybright used to and still does on the echo site.
With a positive post? I’m making the point that it isn’t all doom and gloom if we don’t go up. Don’t you, Toofarrier et al let that get in the way of your bs narrative though

Lol at Topfarrier being the first to like a post of this nature again haha
I think it was a very balanced post tbh, we were thoroughly outplayed by a better team today. One that was assembled for far less than ours.
Ah there we go....you see how easy it is to post something sensible!.....different level....lol.

Brentford double over us...with 10 men!

However.. every game is different.. if we get them in the play- offs we know the job required. We have to match the HYPE of our players to the resilience of Brentford's defence.
Oooh Oohh its Big Brentford..all 10 of em..shiver, quiver and die!
Mind you if we eventually prevail and sneak up.. I'm sure we will tear into Man City with who we have left after the 'big hyped stars' have gone to Madrid !

Brentford could have had double figures today if their finishing was any good and Begovic wasnt brilliant.

If they've really had their last four wins at Dean Court with 10 men, why is the last home defeat against them that annoyed me this much the one where Cotterill missed two penalties and Bartram sliced one into his own net? I might have misremembered all of that!

Still, effectively a dead rubber today so who cares...

Look at Brentford. A team of players recruited from obscurity and lower league, for a fraction of the cost of ours. And they look like they’re on a different level to us. Fair play to them. Disappointing day for us, but in terms of the bigger picture it demonstrates that not all is lost if we don’t achieve the ‘big time’ this season.

well yes, but generally the bigger budget you have, the better chance you have of achieving success relative to the level you're at.

do you honestly trust blake and co to install a setup on an average budget for the division that would have us as promotion contenders?

I believe brentford are using a pretty left field, technical approach, not something esay to implement and achieve success with.

If we did were to go down that route, it what need a complete rebuild, restructure. not something that would happen overnight.

our main weapon is currently the quality of players and budget compared to our peers, which compensates and papers over the cracks in the mgmt area throughout the club.

take that away and we're in trouble.

Impossible to compare the situations of the 2 clubs. They are run far, far better than us and have a long running, well established strategy when it comes to recruitment. Everything changed for us when Eddie left.

I for one would be very concerned about the future should we not go up. As some have said before, it’s now or never.
Arguably two of our better players were recruited after relegation, CCV and Pearson. Chill out it’s not the be all or end all.

Well....if we don't goes up...we goes down next season...the money we gets for the hyped stars won't be as much as some think...and it will be wasted somehow...syphoned off for the lifestyles of the secretive 'executives' that infest the corridors of the ' Vitality' biscuit tin complex that we call a stadium !

Well....if we don't goes up...we goes down next season...the money we gets for the hyped stars won't be as much as some think...and it will be wasted somehow...syphoned off for the lifestyles of the secretive 'executives' that infest the corridors of the ' Vitality' biscuit tin complex that we call a stadium !
Well you are balanced Brian I'll say that for you......a chip on both shoulders

;