For those who believe this season is make or break

Well you are balanced Brian I'll say that for you......a chip on both shoulders

Maybe so....but if I hadn't been picked up on a trivial spelling mistake and a couple of small factual inaccuracies in my first week on here I might not have stayed around.. So I thought f√ck it...if you want some ..you can f√cking 'av it week in week out " ..now I enjoy the sh*t both ways !

Lol at Topfarrier being the first to like a post of this nature again haha
I think it was a very balanced post tbh, we were thoroughly outplayed by a better team today. One that was assembled for far less than ours.

As I say different level is a stretch. They were certainly the better side but there's not much between those teams. I thought we were the better side at their ground even though they countered well. I think when we play our strongest side against them in the playoffs that we'll beat them.

As I say different level is a stretch. They were certainly the better side but there's not much between those teams. I thought we were the better side at their ground even though they countered well. I think when we play our strongest side against them in the playoffs that we'll beat them.
Me too. For two reasons. Firstly I think our strongest side would have beaten them today. Secondly if they finish above us and beat us twice in the league that’s the perfect unjust setting we need for going up via the playoffs against them. Often the way the play offs work.

I haven’t bothered to look too closely but my understanding is that Brentford have acquired most (or at least a significant amount of them) of their squad from Europe’s lesser leagues

. Absolutely nothing wrong with that but in the post Brexit era and lack of freedom of movement that will be much more difficult.
By way of example, if Pukki was trying to play in England now he couldn’t, when he came here he hadn’t played games in a sufficiently highly rated league to gain the points he would need for a work permit.

Likewise, it’s highly unlikely that Bielsa would be allowed to manage in England now if he were trying to do so for the first time.

The rules won’t be retrospective but the model of plucking “cheap” overseas players will be much more difficult to operate.

Of our probable best 11, over half are UK qualified and most of the bench

It might take time but football recruitment is going to change.

Maybe so....but if I hadn't been picked up on a trivial spelling mistake and a couple of small factual inaccuracies in my first week on here I might not have stayed around.. So I thought f√ck it...if you want some ..you can f√cking 'av it week in week out " ..now I enjoy the sh*t both ways !

Is that the week you spent 4 pages pretending to be at a Newcastle away game ?... small factual inaccuracies .

i can’t foresee this game being telling either way .. lots of food for thought though .

I thought Brentford were pretty decent today, but against a team who like to play offensive football aswell. They knew our main threat is Danjuma and marked him out of the game. Usually we can then look at Stan to instigate the attacks but f@ck knows where his head was today. I think if Brentford have a downfall then it's a bit like ours, struggle against high press and direct football. This is Barnsley. If they play Barnsley I can see them coming unstuck, and us aswell. Barnsley goal today sums them, and their brand of football,up. Although I have no idea how the ref thought it was a legitimate challenge on the keeper.

Is that the week you spent 4 pages pretending to be at a Newcastle away game ?... small factual inaccuracies .

Wtf are you talking about - you f√cking moron!...I've watched quite a few matches at Newcastle, two Cherries games plus others prior to that when my ship visited ports in the area when based in Scotland- I had a girlfriend in Gateshead!

For me its all about what lessons will be learnt (and acted upon) today if we meet in the playoffs
They learnt Jack **************** about us apart from we can be crap when we want, and if you stop Danjuma you stop a lot of creativity (since Brooks has gone missing)
But if JW snd his staff are to earn their money, they should have learnt lots about how good Brentford can be, but man for man we should be able to match up next time

Can I just say that I think if we don’t go up Mr Demin will still persist with us for another season.
We will have come close enough to convince him we are still worth another punt.
Yes...we might lose yet more players but I think there will be money available to pick up players such as Pearson and CCV and mount another challenge for promotion.
I am an optimist of course but I do rather believe this chums.

Can I just say that I think if we don’t go up Mr Demin will still persist with us for another season.
We will have come close enough to convince him we are still worth another punt.
Yes...we might lose yet more players but I think there will be money available to pick up players such as Pearson and CCV and mount another challenge for promotion.
I am an optimist of course but I do rather believe this chums.
Demin is in for 160m so it’s not like he can just pack it in without losing a lot of money

Demin is in for 160m so it’s not like he can just pack it in without losing a lot of money
No but if he believes it’s gone there is also no point in adding to it to try and get it back. The chances of Bournemouth going up without Eddie’s influence (still the bulk of his squad/players we could only afford because we were once PL) are statistically minute.

No but if he believes it’s gone there is also no point in adding to it to try and get it back. The chances of Bournemouth going up without Eddie’s influence (still the bulk of his squad/players we could only afford because we were once PL) are statistically minute.
I get the impression he is the type of character that will want to get us back up, might be wrong though.

What we musnt do....is constantly. bang on about the ' Brands of Football' that other clubs indulge in...that's football..that's up to them..what is 'Up to Us' ... is to get 11 guys out there on a pitch ...that roll up the proverbial sleeves and ' handle the f√cking f√ck ' out of whatever is presented on the other side of the white line!
If our Bego punted the bloody thing up into the area around the penalty area and a puffed up , puffed out Surridgio or Solankaldo took it on his chest and leathered the plastic on the volley past the prostrate monkey between the posts...then that my friends is a F√cking Goal..so let's not get too precious and 'balletdancere' about these things...becooze if Barnsla' use those methods against us , then WE have to bring up some f√cking good ideas of our own...savvy ?

Last edited:

;