Forest docked 4 points

Are people starting to figure out that the league we are in is a cartel which epitomises anti competition?

The whole system has absolutely nothing to do with sustainability, it is just in place to maintain the status quo. The elite sides are terrified that other clubs will take a slice of their pie so the PL designed a system to ensure that they can’t. It’s not really competitive sport any more, it’s business, and the bigger businesses use their power and influence to protect their financial and commercial interests just like in any other industry.

The debate shouldn’t be around who broke the rules and by how much, it should be around the utter absurdity that they exist in the first place. Newcastle are owned by the richest people on the planet and they couldn’t invest a penny in their depleted squad in the winter due to these rules. At this point the best thing for all would be for the ‘elite clubs’ to branch off and form their own European Super league, the PL basically has a Super league at the top end of the table anyway because it is impossible for anyone outside of the traditional top six to compete at the top end on a consistent basis.

It’s not a league it’s a cartel, I’m not sure why anyone really enjoys being a part of this sham anti competition.
I think most on here would rather AFCB are in the PL than league 1.
Don’t think about it too much , and enjoy the football .

It has to be due to our spending, the rules don’t allow you to spend to the level we have without bringing money in. Ideal would be to sell Solanke for 70 odd million and get a very good replacement in for 30 million. Problem is that these ridiculous rules make it harder to sell too as the bigger clubs are also restricted, hopefully West Ham, Spurs or Newcastle are interested and have 70 million they can spend within the limits.

We haven't just accidentally spent what we've spent have we? It part of the owner's way of doing things and so is selling players. Dodgy deals between sister clubs all part of it too no doubt.

It has to be due to our spending, the rules don’t allow you to spend to the level we have without bringing money in. Ideal would be to sell Solanke for 70 odd million and get a very good replacement in for 30 million. Problem is that these ridiculous rules make it harder to sell too as the bigger clubs are also restricted, hopefully West Ham, Spurs or Newcastle are interested and have 70 million they can spend within the limits.

I think you might be over egging Solanke at £70 million.

Sky Sports News chief reporter Kaveh Solhekol explains why Nottingham Forest have been charged with a breach of the Premier League's Profitability and Sustainability Rules - and why the club and the Premier League are at odds over the decision.

Would getting a massive sponsorship deal help? Does that even count towards net spend? I.e. if Bill got, say, Los Vegas tourism to sponsor us 20m a year does that count? Just trying to work out what is and isn't included in the figures as assume gate and hospitality revenue does, correct?

Would getting a massive sponsorship deal help? Does that even count towards net spend? I.e. if Bill got, say, Los Vegas tourism to sponsor us 20m a year does that count? Just trying to work out what is and isn't included in the figures as assume gate and hospitality revenue does, correct?

Not really, they've tightened the rules on it.

Probably not but spending money on the training ground helps.

If we have broken FFP we will just have to suck up the punishment. Does the points deduction increase, the worse the deficit? If not we might be better off trying to keep Dom as he has got to be worth at least 4/5 points to us and other clubs may not pay market value if they know we are obliged to sell

That’s daft, so say one of the two get relegated and win the appeal, does that mean they come back up and someone else suddenly find their in the Championship?

Back when Swindon got relegated two divisions for financial irregularities Tranmere took their place in the second tier. Swindon won their appeal, were denied promotion instead, and consequently so were Tranmere.

Ahh of course, I'd forgotten about Danjuma... I guess that helps, but if we're just shy of £100m over last 3 seasons, without knowing this years accounts, then looking at our last summer's spend, then surely we're flying close to the edge of things...?

Here's Premier League net spend (over the last five years):

They should get an extra points deduction for
“City Ground, oh mist rolling in from the Trent”
Probably the most toe curling song ever heard at a football ground.

I'd have no problem with it if ground rhymed with desire. As it doesn't it sounds awful.

Yeh but Luton still have to play a lot of good teams fighting for points...No way they survive from this point, as nice as it would be. Think they will finish on around 25 points and get relegated by a margin.

Take heart, any Luton fans reading this. It means you're pretty much nailed on to stay up!

I can't imagine that the Las Vegas tourism board (or whatever) are connected to Black Knight the way Etihad are connected to the City ownership.

No, but then I don't suppose they would pay over the odds to sponsor AFCB unless there was something in it for them. A bumper deal would surely raise eyebrows.

I think you might be over egging Solanke at £70 million.
I think he might be right. With everybody trying to stay within the rules, the price of players may go through the roof to such an extent that only the big six will be able to afford the costs.

Others will think it's a great song from a football crowd... why the f√ck is it 'toe curling'.....?
They have a fabulous history for a small to medium size club !
There is virtually Zero rivalry between us and them....
Even In the old days they were 3rd Div North..and we were 3rd Div South.
Beggars belief this Forum...absolutely chav and bootboy orientated...but latterly infused with Elitism...What a f√cking combination !
As usual Brian cannot and will not tolerate different opinions.

As usual Brian cannot and will not tolerate different opinions.

Im confused about 'latterly elitism' comment.

I thought in NOCs eyes, that 'plague' had been core fabric of the forum for years;)

Mind you, Brian, was also going off on one about the word 'entitled' in one thread last night. Before using it himself in another, lol.

;