Freddie Woodman

It doesn't matter how well Travers has been playing. If Nyland is injured we need another keeper. Is this not common sense?

Of course but not one that’s allegedly going to walk straight in the team. How’s that going to do for Travers confidence and long term development? He’s literally saved our backside week after week, including yesterday.

We need back up, no one is arguing with the fact we need another keeper

Of course but not one that’s allegedly going to walk straight in the team. How’s that going to do for Travers confidence and long term development? He’s literally saved our backside week after week, including yesterday.

Allegedly, that all important word that gets bandied about quite a lot !!

no way he will walk straight into the team, hopefully he’ll push Travs on to even better things
Exactly, adds a bit of experience to the set up as well. Travers has been excellent of course but there is always room for improvement, a bit of game management (time wasting) at Luton rather than rushing to take a goal kick right at the end. The Coventry equaliser that went in at the near post. There is always stuff to learn from and those examples are not to be seen as slagging him off. As I say he has been great behind a pretty tight defence, keep him on his toes.

I don't doubt Woodman is a very good keeper, and that bringing him in when Nyland is injured makes our GK dept stronger than having Dennis on the bench. I loved the idea of Woodman in the summer before we saw Travers' development.

I worry it is a frivolous use of resources though. If we had cash to burn then by all means. If resources are limited, and hypothetically its a choice between: adding Woodman, Dembele and doing without a centre forward...Or forgoing Woodman and Dembele and having more room to fix midfield and add a centre forward, I'd choose the latter.

If we can and do afford all 4 signings then sure, Max make it rain...One thing is for sure though, the other Championship clubs wouldn’t be happy!

So by that argument we get a keeper in who is not that good in case he pushes Travers. Then if Travers does pick up an injury we all sit here saying we needed a better back up keeper.

;