Fullbacks discussion

The defence is looking it's best for years....usually by now it's the worst in the PL. . ...but these guys should see us through ok....and at least average in the big picture.
...the onus of concern has switched to the other end of the pitch ...however that could change rapidly as their sharpness should improve as their match fitness intensifies...

We'll all have our favourite individuals, and as a pairing, Charlie Daniels and Simon Francis will live long as our most successful.pairing, part of our best ever team.
BUT, these 2 have the potential to challenge, if not succeed them, if we keep hold of them for a while. Looks a fantastic bit of business
Certainly does. Let's hope we can hang onto them for as long as possible. Great having Smithy as an option to bring on too. Makes yellow cards less of a big deal too.

He was underestimated full stop. The strength and tackling of a CB with the energy levels and crossing of a full back. Was superb for us. Best right back we've had in my time watching the club.
Bombed up and down the right wing, mainly in a straight line. Never really saw a mazy dribble from Franno, yet he was very hard to stop once he built up a full head of steam.

He was underestimated full stop. The strength and tackling of a CB with the energy levels and crossing of a full back. Was superb for us. Best right back we've had in my time watching the club.

What did we score? 100 goals or something in that league winning season? He must have assisted 20 of them from the byline. Brilliant player. Slotted in very well at CB too when we needed him to, also an underrated captain imo.

I rate Aarons well above Kerkez in this team.

They both have very good physical attributes, but Max is on a different level when it comes to football IQ and on the ball touch and composure.

Iraola said in the post match press conference that he can use Kelly in the left back position like he did at the end of the game yesterday and I can definitely see that happening more often. Kerkez is still young and seems to struggle at the end of games.

This change allows to refresh the team and keep Senesi in the rotation.

I was always a big fan of striker turned fullbacks like Christer Warren and Lee Bradbury.

Our coaching team really did Chukki a disservice by not converting him

They were passable at best for a club with no resources.

Francis was quality and was key part of that once in a lifetime team.

But he was quickly found out in the PL. Looked out of his depth most of the time at CB in the PL. But had a decent spell towards the end. I can recall the sentiment on here that he needed to be replaced as was almost getting embarrassing at times, anount of goals conceded that involved him.

Aarons is a superior player and will only get better imo.

But he was quickly found out in the PL. Looked out of his depth most of the time at CB in the PL. But had a decent spell towards the end. I can recall the sentiment on here that he needed to be replaced as was almost getting embarrassing at times, anount of goals conceded that involved him.

Aarons is a superior player and will only get better im

Aarons is a superior player and will only get better imo.
Agreed.

Got to feel for Smithy. Had he not got injured he'd have been our starter and we probably wouldn't have rushed in to buy Aaron's, which has turned out to be an absolute steal

;