Fuming

KingKieffer

Star Player
I should be gutted that my side just surrendered a two goal lead to lose and don’t get me wrong I am, but the main feeling I’m experiencing now is anger.

Not anger at the result, losing narrowly to a side with infinitely more quality than us is no disgrace. Not anger at the players who made individual errors that led to the goals, it’s not Travers’ fault that he’s out of his depth at this level (it pains me to write that but it’s true) or Tavernier’s fault that he isn’t a natural wing back. I’m angry because we got exactly what we deserved today. I’m angry because I feel ashamed to watch my team play that style of football.

How did we honestly think that was going to end? You just can’t have every player defending the edge of your own area for such prolonged periods against the quality you face at this level and expect any other outcome. If you are defending such prolonged periods with absolutely no out ball eventually the opposition will score. This kind of football is souls destroying to watch.

The anger and frustration is just compounded by the fact that when we do commit bodies forward on the counter we do actually look pretty good. It just doesn’t happen nearly often enough. This brand of football (if you can call it that) just has to stop. I normally feel incredibly nervous when we are hanging on for a result, today I wasn’t because I had consigned myself to the fact that we were going to get what we deserved, which was absolutely nothing.

I’m done watching this O’Neil/Parker brand of football now. If we’re not in a position to hire a full time coach yet then let Cooper lead the team until we can. I’m sorry Garry but I’m falling out of love with the game not because of results or VAR, it’s because of what you are subjecting us to every week.

RANT. OVER.

And it’s not like we defend well either when we sit back
It’s hard to judge in all honesty. Part of me feels that any team is going to concede eventually when being asked to defend the box with no intention to lay a glove on the opponent for such prolonged periods.

We didn’t press and just let their players run at ours and never supported each other.
We just stood 10 Players in the 18 and hoped for the best
That’s the way Gary likes to play though. We didn’t press because he just want the team to sit in shape and limit the spaces.

Feel the same way, I dont like losing but accept it to a better team. It was the manor we sat back in the second half and let them take us apart, I feel bitter about.

O’Neil is naive if he thinks he can hold on to 2-0 lead from 50 minutes to the top six clubs. Attack is the best form of defence.

2-0 up against Spurs was an incredible and unbelievable situation to be in. It's criminal how we threw that away in the second half. Poor game management. Defensive substitutions in the final 15 mins or so just encouraged Spurs to push and push and the inevitable happened. Such a shame that because of GON's fear of defeat led us to defeat after being in such a good position at the end of the first half

When we are relegated by 3 pts, the people on here saying 'we must wait for a new manager' will be saying, 'why didn't we sign a manager sooner?'. You wait and see !!

Is anyone seriously saying we cannot get someone more experienced in, even on a short term contract? Meanwhile, we continue to p1ss points away. Stop the bleeding !!

Brentford turgid
Leicester he reckoned he took a risk 2nd half
Fulham 2nd half same as today
Southampton formations schizophrenic
WHU shite
Today brilliant set up 1st half, I know what I'll do I'll change it and give the ball and possession to top class players

He even sounded like Parker after the game, about their world class players and the gulf.

As the song goes

Time to go, Time to go etc

;