Games we shouldn't have lost but did.

dragonm8

UTC Legend
Tottenham, Wolves and Bentford come to mind.

Can you remember games we lost this season that we really didn't deserve to.

On the flip side, any games we won where we didn't deserve the points.

Really do believe we should be 6 points above our current standings...... but hey, thats football.

I imagine Forest fans would argue that the referee sending Boly off handed us a victory at their place.

There will be an equal amount of games in our history that we should have lost because we didn't play as well as the opposition...but they blew their chances in front of goal...and we took ours and scored enough for the win.
'Statistical balance' if you like throughout Club History... Football History...

It's what happened when O'Neil' s Wolves played Man City...despite his style of play.
It's what will happen in our game v QPR one way or another...despite our style of play...or theirs !
That's all it ever comes down to... prowess in front of goal in a moment of a chance...cool head stuff...although some Forum members will never grasp that...attempting to create a science around our games....over-analysing what happens in midfield in relation to the end result...goals are boss !

" Should haves". and " shouldn't haves" are meaningless in the post - match drivel of Manager interviews .

And its also why good as strikers generally cost more than good defenders.

Last edited:
I always remember the game away at Stoke city when Jermaine Defoe made his debut when he first signed for us and scored. The only ticket I could get at the time was in home end with all the Stoke city Neanderthals behind the goal. They scored fist and I was forced to stand and jump and down with them with my hand above my head in a enforced unwanted celebration so that I would not give it away that I was an AFCB supporter. I was thinking in my head 'shyte' 'shyte' 'shyte'.

This season, Brighton away comes to mind as probably the only one we didn't deserve to lose. Spurs you could argue we should've got something - and 3-1 didn't reflect the balance of play IMO.

Didn't deserve to win? I do have some sympathy for Forest fans TBH re the Boly sending off, but then not sure if it really should/did affect the outcome. Sometimes it's harder playing against 10 men and they certainly came back into the game and had the crowd behind them towards the end. Such a shame to snatch their dreams of a win with our own last minute wonder-header (snigger snigger!).

Many of the outcomes of today's games can be 'taken with a pinch of salt'..for the simple reason that VAR has ruined the PL...and to a degree the outcome of the final positions in the table...because some of the pivotal games at the top and bottom will have included injustice.
So in conclusion I would say it's best not to take things too seriously with the PL...until VAR is abandoned or brought to a standard good enough to be trusted.

I always remember the game away at Stoke city when Jermaine Defoe made his debut when he first signed for us and scored. The only ticket I could get at the time was in home end with all the Stoke city Neanderthals behind the goal. They scored fist and I was forced to stand and jump and down with them with my hand above my head in a enforced unwanted celebration so that I would not give it away that I was an AFCB supporter. I was thinking in my head 'shyte' 'shyte' 'shyte'.
Hahahaha! The only 'ticket' you could get for a league 1 game in a stadium that holds 20k+ and maybe 1500 seats for away fans????? When did we ever take 1500 to Stoke, especially around October?
Back in those days it was pay on the gate, you fool!!!

Hahahaha! The only 'ticket' you could get for a league 1 game in a stadium that holds 20k+ and maybe 1500 seats for away fans????? When did we ever take 1500 to Stoke, especially around October?
I paid on the gate that day. It was my 30th birthday and we got held up in traffic. We were losing by the time we got there so I was let in as a 'child'. I hadn't heard the team news and thought our new nippy forward looked a good prospect...

Reactions: DJ

Thought I was safe watching Stoke V Fulham in Oct 1990 in the top left of the Boothen End - just after I moved there to go to Poly (as it was then..)

But when Stoke scored I got elbowed in the head and shoved down a few steps - realised it was a little different to the South End ;)

Fantastic leaving that terrace and watching 8,000 people slowly leaving it. Made a hell of a racket too.

Must have been really hard to cheer about one of your predictions potentially coming true.

He ran into a wheelie bin on the way, and didn't know where he was

City at home - The Charlie Daniels goal. We more than matched them that day, Josh King hit the post late on with the score at 1-1. Step forward Mike Dean - penalises Mousset for a great tackle which would have left us 2 on 1 in an attacking sense, they take the free kick, work it up the pitch and Sterling scuffs a shot which take a wicked deflection that left Begovic helpless. Still hurts as we deserved a point that day.

This season Wolves comes to mind. On the whole, though, I try to forget the points that got away unless it's just happened and feels quite raw. It's up to the manager, coaches and analysts to work out what went wrong, learn from it and pass that information/any future skill needed over to the players.

I'm going to deviate from this season.

Home to Forest 2014.........How we lost that, I will never know.

Away to Burnley FA cup 2005..... Dominated the game and lost.

Those two games have always stuck with me.

;