Gary O'Neil

Well good luck to him if he lands it, Wolves are a big club though and it won’t be easy..
Delusions of grandeur based on achievements over half a century ago. Like a few other teams.

I personally think GON will do a good job there but their fans seem to expect success and European football

SSN just said they think GON will be appointed tomorrow.

I had them nailed on for relegation anyway, this is just hilarious.

I do wish him well, I really do, but I am so delighted he is not leading us this season.

SSN just said they think GON will be appointed tomorrow.

I had them nailed on for relegation anyway, this is just hilarious.

I do wish him well, I really do, but I am so delighted he is not leading us this season.

Genuine question (and not just Monmouth) how were they on their set pieces and crosses last season? Because if the backroom staff responsible for that were staying and they are the least bit competent… then he could compliment them quite well.

He may well have learned from a few of his errors here and with more support from a better backroom staff, who knows.

Oh God ..I pray that Gary shoves it right up a few on this Forum with any PL club....I really do....not to a point that it affects our status...but enough to, as I say, get right up 'em, sideways on...elitist smug b@stards !

Oh God ..I pray that Gary shoves it right up a few on this Forum with any PL club....I really do....not to a point that it affects our status...but enough to, as I say, get right up 'em, sideways on...elitist smug b@stards !
When you go to more than zero matches, and see the stuff live I might just listen to you.

I won't. End...of....

Genuine question (and not just Monmouth) how were they on their set pieces and crosses last season? Because if the backroom staff responsible for that were staying and they are the least bit competent… then he could compliment them quite well.

He may well have learned from a few of his errors here and with more support from a better backroom staff, who knows.
He may well do.

He plans meticulously, but then makes bizarre decisions or just plain out thought by better strategists.

Our squad was OK, and then got much improved in January.

Wolves have had to sell nearly £100m of players and still haven't finished.

Under GON it will be boring, and about 30% possession at best. We know what to expect.

If anyone kept Wolves up this season, it would be a massive achievement, but then everyone outside of Bournemouth (and a fair amount inside) said that about AFCB last season.

Just can't see him keeping them up though.

He may well do.

He plans meticulously, but then makes bizarre decisions or just plain out thought by better strategists.

Our squad was OK, and then got much improved in January.

Wolves have had to sell nearly £100m of players and still haven't finished.

Under GON it will be boring, and about 30% possession at best. We know what to expect.

If anyone kept Wolves up this season, it would be a massive achievement, but then everyone outside of Bournemouth (and a fair amount inside) said that about AFCB last season.

Just can't see him keeping them up though.
Not sure wolves will be so understanding when they go on a poor run

Sounds like they've lost their entire backroom staff apart from the goalkeeping coach.

Maybe he'll come back to poach some of ours?

All about opinions, but Gary O’Neil did his best for our club.

He never complained and just got on with his job.

When he took over from Scott Parker we were 16th in the table.

At the end of the season we finished 15th and he kept this club in the Premier League.

As I mentioned before, I wish the bloke the best of luck in his job if he is appointed as the Wolves manager.

I wish GON well, liked his calm measured style never got too down nor too high but football wide it was poor, very poor at times and those last 4 games were a disgrace.

The wolves job will be a very different scenario to the one at AFCB where he was on the staff, knew the players and had their respect from day 1. He needs to build from new from day 1 now and learn who the platers are, what names them tick individually etc, so he starts on the backfoot compared to kast year

I think he will keep Wolves up. Unlikely to be pretty but they have some quality and expectations are low…similar to last season.

I still think we were right to get Iraola but wouldn’t be at all surprised if Wolves finish above us.

Good luck to Gary and good luck to Wolves fans when they go a goal up because no matter how long's left, they'll be defending that lead. Let's face it, it was nerve wracking at times, the tension just ratcheted up as each second past and there's a lot of seconds in the last half-hour (plus stoppage time ) of a match : )

He gave us/me one of the best moments ever following the Cherries, when we beat Spurs. Equally, coming out of the Emirates was one of the worst. He turned us into a team, not enthralling goalbots, a la Eddie Howe but functional and slightly more entertaining than the puritanical Parkerball that preceded him : )

He's an ex Bournemouth manager now, didn't leave under a cloud, so I wish him well but I want us to do better. I'll give him a cheer when they come here but during the match, he'll be a cheating northern barsteward, just like every other manager that comes here : )

If it was all down to GON, why has AI failed to stop conceding from set pieces straight away?

;