Gary O'Neil

Was it that simple though Neil? Pearson...I felt never settled down South and Lerma, we'd have to had broken the bank to keep.

Kilkenny got some minutes today. ;)
Think you're right about Pearson. I heard 3 different accounts from people saying that he couldn't settle down South . As for Lerma, I don't believe matching Palaces wage offer would have kept him here. He was done, stuck through his contract even when we dropped to the Championship but wanted to live in London and school his kids in a Colombian school there.

Was it that simple though Neil? Pearson...I felt never settled down South and Lerma, we'd have to had broken the bank to keep.

Kilkenny got some minutes today. ;)
I’m not saying we could have kept them I’m saying we probably had a year where we knew both wouldn’t be here and we replaced them with one injured player.

I’m not saying we could have kept them I’m saying we probably had a year where we knew both wouldn’t be here and we replaced them with one injured player.
Did both players confirm, 12 Months before leaving, that they were doing exactly that?

Sometimes I think you're desperate to beat the club with a stick.

Maybe - think timing was bad given we had just been whacked 9-0 and there was still 6 months to end of the next transfer window
Thought we sounded him out before tge season, if his agent is to be believed... added weight to the fact Parker was on borrowed time... and perhaps knew it hence his odd attitude and rumours he was manufacturing a payoff who knows.

I just dont think it's madness to believe De Zerbi would have joined us if foley had arrived and sold his dream/ambition.

Obviously it woukd be madness to think we could get him now, for sure. I doubt anyone would think that though.

As @SlowDownDerek mentioned, De Zerbi may not have faired much better than AI anyway... he might of done of course. But the 2 projects vary wildly. Managing a club well, or poorly is very circumstantial imo, and comes down to things like do the current crop of players suit them, what's the vibe/atmosphere like, do tgey have time/money on their side, how patient are the fans, do they gel with the board/owners, personality/character of squad etc.

I think that's why you get the 'manager merry go round' as its quite possible for 'crap' manager to fail at one job, tgen do OK in the next and vice versa.

But I tgey demonstrate the right character, personality, ability to deal with pressure etc, clubs are willing to give 'cr4p' managers a go as they have the core capabilities and failing at one ckub doesn't necessarily mean they'd fail again.it may just mean they were at the wrong club at the wrong time.

Bit extreme he may do well anywhere (buy I doubt it...), but stick Guardiola in shoecstring budget at a league 2 side and I doubt he's perform miracles and get them promoted, as his skillset and track record is around gettingvthe best out of elite players, keeping them happy etc. He'd probably get a boost by purely his presence and stature, but he'd have to adapt extremely quickly if he was to do well. Whereas other, much lesser known managers may do better as tgey understand lower league football, limited players and don't need 30 coaches to help them. Obviously I'm not saying Pep shoukd take tgat kind of job to prove himself to anyone, but I'm just labouring my point around the subject! :)

Last edited:
basically the way that Guardiola was playing Stones. For those bemoaning our options at CDM it’s worth remembering even Man Citeh are short in that position.

Are they? They have a few cdms tgey don't play, preferring stones... who tbf has always been regarded as a cultured cb, supetb in posession, vision with ability to play cdm...

Senesi is not particularly cultured and lacks agility/balance amd too cumbersome/tank like. I'd be amazed if we see him shoe horned into that role, but who knows.

Blimey are you stalking him?
No. Someone reposted it on Twitter last week ‘why the club were right to get rid of O’Neil… next to him saying ‘why I was right we should have kept O’Neil’ three months later.

Hilarious. Not a Bournemouth fan though so he is loving the wind up.

Did both players confirm, 12 Months before leaving, that they were doing exactly that?

Sometimes I think you're desperate to beat the club with a stick.
No. If you had a professional director of football though he’d realise, like everyone on here did, that Lerma wasn’t signing because he wanted a pay day and that was unlikely to change. He’d also realise Pearson wasn’t a PL starter if he had 170m to spend.

Interviews with people who knew him before he came here. His track record with the Golden Knights....see this article for example

That's really interesting thanks. I noticed they had something like 3 managers over about 8 years which compared to the Premier League is relatively stable. Didn't know how it compared to the NHL.

No. Someone reposted it on Twitter last week ‘why the club were right to get rid of O’Neil… next to him saying ‘why I was right we should have kept O’Neil’ three months later.

Hilarious. Not a Bournemouth fan though so he is loving the wind up.
You do seem slightly obsessed with him though. Bit of a trait

No. If you had a professional director of football though he’d realise, like everyone on here did, that Lerma wasn’t signing because he wanted a pay day and that was unlikely to change. He’d also realise Pearson wasn’t a PL starter if he had 170m to spend.
Lerma kept his options open until the end Neil. That was blatantly obvious.

This is a very weak argument to be honest mate.

;