Gary O'Neil

I doubt he will get the job permanently. But at least there’s one thing he has shown with his comments since Wednesday.

He “gets it”.

Couple that with what he said about the players after the Wolves game.

“As a group, they’re the most honest, hard-working, together, relentless group that I’ve ever been involved with, even in my playing career. You can throw everything at them and they will never quit. And I think we have enough to be competitive at this level.
“From what I asked the boys to do this evening, they produced. They showed commitment, bravery, togetherness in a tough moment, so I’m proud of that.

It's nothing groundbreaking is it but just shows how poor Parker was in this regard.

He speaks really well , he's a top top coach for sure.
But I think the board have to get in a experienced manager and keep Gary ..
I hope they sort it quickly.
Yes agreed, given the amount we have saved on near misses in the transfer market, any manager with a bit of pedigree will at least appease the fans, and give the players the best level of coaching they can get.

Just listened to his pre match interview on COWS , as I said above does speak well.
Sure 3 points tomorrow his odds will drop ..

I guess that was what Parker wanted to achieve when we played 3 at the back. It looked very good out there. Forest seemed completely surprised by it which is a bit weird given how much we've used it this season, and Cooper ballsed it up royally by not changing anything.

When it's played like that, it's good to watch. As you said, hat tip to O'Neill.

I was somewhat ambivalent about Parker, although I did think that his take on things was bizarre. But, hopefully that "we aren't good enough" stuff is now washed away. We will definitely need to be at our best during the long season, but at our best we are without doubt good enough.

Last edited:
You’re 2-0 down away from home at halftime, the manager is dishing out instructions for the second half, which one of these managers are you more inclined to listen to and fight for based on their previous media interviews:

“ At this moment in time, where we currently are, I can see some more to be honest with you. It doesn’t surprise me. This is currently where it is at this moment in time. The players need help. Today proved too big a challenge. The levels were far too big. At times we couldn’t bear it, the intensity. We’ve got a decision to make as a club. There will be days like this.”

“ As a group, they're the most honest, hard-working, together, relentless group that I've ever been involved with, even in my playing career.
You can throw everything at them and they will never quit. And I think we have enough to be competitive at this level.”

Regardless of whether Parker was trying to get himself sacked, huge credit to to GON, the players, the fans who didn’t give up hope today, this is what Bournemouth is about.

Good luck with your onward career Scott :)

Yeah, if he doesn't get the job then I hope he's kept on somehow.

Think he will be offered a role as seems like the Board insisted he stayed when Parker’s entourage arrived.

Clearly an intelligent coach - think he was credited with that Fulham goal?

However, maybe he will want a bigger role if a new manager arrives with their own coaches?

Anyway long way to go. Crucially, he is buying the club time to get the right appointment rather than having to make a panic recruitment.

;