Gary O'Neil

And we're 4 points behind them both with a game in hand and having already played Spurs and Liverpool twice.....
No reason why we can’t dream. I think spurs and liveroool games give a more accurate view of where we are. I worry about defensive cover and whether dom will keep scoring as he has done but we shouldn’t rule it out.

I still think improving on 15th place to nearer 10th would be a decent season and with a fa cup run too. Plus lots of goals and enjoyable football

It'll be interesting to see how the season pans out for both managers.

O Neil, at DC, had to arrest a potential slide back into the Championship ..apply immediate damage limitation...got some incredible wins against elite teams....a difficult mixture of players and attitudes....the last few games the players slid back into their Parker mode...and switched off, on the beach-style..O'Neil could have managed that better ..but the big job was done.

Iraola came into a new environment....eventually settled.. got a similar squad with a few additions, playing better football..equally as impressive as O'Neil it has to be said on its merits.

Once ONeil achieves respectability with Wolves position in the PL and maybe gets better players signed up next season...he could switch to a more adventurous style of football..we don't know...it's early days in his managerial career !

Who is the better Manager ultimately..who knows...but it will be judged on results, not so much style.

Seems a really genuine bloke, quietly spoken and just gets on with his job.

He was given the job of our manager with the task of keeping us in the Premier League, this he did without going to the wire.

Our owner had to make a difficult decision, stick with O’Neil or bring in this exciting young manager from Spain.

It seems Richard Hughes persuaded Bill Foley to make the change and Gary O’Neil was very unlucky to lose his job.

Not long after leaving AFCB, Wolves appointed him and our manager and our old manager’s sides are neck and neck in the middle of the league.

Will be interesting who out of the two come out top, but hopefully both teams will be in the Premier League for the 2024-25 season.

Would you want him back?
No, but only based on the form of our last 10 games.

What I don't get consigning him to the boring football tag when last seasons circumstances suggest he deserves some slack for getting the job done by whatever means. I would have been fine if he stayed as I'm sure given a full summer window he would have developed his football style.

I tend to be a bit pragmatic and just don't see things as black and white as some others do I suppose.

Our players are a pretty average bunch by PL standards if we are being brutally honest, which is a wonderful base trait to work from... honesty..speaking it 'how it is' ...now that is good enough for a mid -table position - for which we should be elated about bearing in mind the size of our club.
You can rabbit on an on about Kerkez, Aaron's and Scott... but Lummycharley..these guys are still novices . Ju know what I'm saying ...

Yet somehow they are above us in possession stats overall, have more points , scored more goals and have a goal difference 10 better than us.

Not bad for a PE teacher
But shouldn't the comparison be between his time here and Iraola? At least there would be more things that overlap than nothing at all.

I'm hopeful of a better showing too, although unlike O'Neil he's likely to go for it, which is obviously very risky but what I personally prefer.

Results are better than Gary O'Neil's at AFCB 9 points and +14 goal difference better. I do have some sympathy for GON because the squad he had here was threadbare compared to what we currently have even with the defensive injuries. That said he's got them performing way better than GON did.

my comparison was this season's results but agreed, our current squad is miles ahead of last season thanks to the recruitment team and the manager's progressive style

will be interesting to see where both teams finish at the end of the season and which style is more successful

[GoN got hammered by some for clocking off last year, apparently costing us millions with FFP so clearly it's not just the entertainment that's important]

There are scummy types in all crowds..ok Wolves have a lot of real pearlers in that sense.

But . .that's fcuk- all to do with me sticking up for pink - coloured O'Neil who was unfairly sacked at DC.
To say I 'support' Wolves is total nonsense .
He was not "unfairly sacked" Brian he was replaced for a far more exciting manager, to hopefully take us to the next level (wherever that is) and give us all something more exhilarating to watch. End of

;