Gary O'Neil

You certainly think you could do a better job. Why not send in your cv?
Interesting logic Rob. I’ve seen you be critical of various members of authority/government etc without seeking to patronise you by asking if you think you could do a better job. Although you could for Boris to be fair.;)

I think it’s fair to be able to criticise someone without being able to perform their role else we are going back to serfdom.

Interesting logic Rob. I’ve seen you be critical of various members of authority/government etc without seeking to patronise you by asking if you think you could do a better job. Although you could for Boris to be fair.;)

I think it’s fair to be able to criticise someone without being able to perform their role else we are going back to serfdom.
But you just sprint across your lounge to make snide digs about Blake & Hughes any time they get a mention.

With the Govt, I get a vote, and if I don't like what they're offering I'll say so.

With Blake/Hughes I've no idea what factors have come into play to make such a decision. And unless you've been chatting with your physio again I suspect we are an even match.

I would like to think, if having judged GON over recent months, the club either back him outright, or would have multiple alternative options on a list if they weren't sure about backing Gary.

Talking seriously (by all accounts) to one external candidate and then immediately going back to Gary when that didn't work out, seems odd. They are very different strategies.

Still if Gary gets it, I give him my backing.

I think such a salary is obscene anyway, whoever is getting it, but Max presumably had faith in them to keep them on.

Whether Bill will...

Yes the salary is obscene, but to be honest is irrelevant, it's not his fault if someone's prepared to pay it. Its whether he's doing a good job or not. None of us really know for sure, and I'm sure he's not in everything, do we all, but its not all down to a manager who left 3 seasons ago or an owner who is hands off.

Bill Foley is a billionaire. He has made a number of acquisitions over the years. He is used to appraising the incumbent management teams and is quite capable of moving on those he doesn’t rate.

So far he seems confident in Blake’s ability and shows no sign of bringing in a new CEO. Obviously time will tell. But if, in say 18 months’ time, Blake is still in post and Foley is still happy with him, then maybe Neil could take his stuck record off the turntable.

Bill Foley is a billionaire. He has made a number of acquisitions over the years. He is used to appraising the incumbent management teams and is quite capable of moving on those he doesn’t rate.

So far he seems confident in Blake’s ability and shows no sign of bringing in a new CEO. Obviously time will tell. But if, in say 18 months’ time, Blake is still in post and Foley is still happy with him, then maybe Neil could take his stuck record off the turntable.

I doubt it, it will still be Eddie's legacy

I've seen enough of GON to be very happy if he gets the job. For the first six games, he steadied an extremely fragile post-Parker bunch. He then got stuck, maybe trying to figure out how to get to the next level. Some really poor decisions. But, we have seen an improvement, a willingness to change it up, and hopefully a foundation for the rest of the season.

I'm really excited to see what January will bring, and the second half of this PL season under GON.

;