Gary O'Neil

Continual classless amateurism is spending your career blaming other people for your failings be it refs, VAR, Directors that sacked you, a sly pop at his own board last night…

It’s just amusing watching the small echo chamber on here that defended him retrenching. Our Brockenhurst Xenophobic branch has gone strangely quiet. When I identified Iraola it was because I knew what we needed to get us going again. You have to admit you are enjoying it Del, come on!

You are like a jilted lover when it comes to Gary O'Neil. Pouring over his every move to find fault long after he's left. I just think he's alright and did a good job for us... But then I'm emotional like that.

I don't give a toss what he says about his board, refs, etc. I only really look at what he says about AFCB and I was expecting some negative comments after the game given the comments before the game, which were the first indications of holding a grudge I've seen from him. He was gracious as far as I'm concerned - fair play to him.

Yes I'm loving it, always do when AFCB do well. I like to look positively on the club and players and they've been excellent for ten years plus.

"When I identified Iraola" :grinning:

Unlike their fans who give us a lot of praise, considering what they have had to sit through.

They're not that keen on GON either

Funny that

Continual classless amateurism is spending your career blaming other people for your failings be it refs, VAR, Directors that sacked you, a sly pop at his own board last night…

It’s just amusing watching the small echo chamber on here that defended him retrenching.

Ah, there’s that wrongful use of the phrase echo chamber again…

If this was an echo chamber Neil everyone would be agreeing with you. Not constantly seeing two polar opposite opinions constantly clashing.

Please do feel free to find an old post of mine to get me to dig a new trench. I doubt you will, as I’d probably just admit I was wrong, if you do manage to find something wildly wrong.

But I really don’t see the need for the character assassination.

Reactions: drd
GON, nice enough guy. The football was a bit of a tough watch at times but he kept us up so I'm grateful for that.
So, I respect his efforts. Good luck to him in his future endeavours. I wouldn't want him back. Time to move on now.

Really happy with AI, how long will he stay?

Saw his interview on the BBC website, very critical of his sides performance, not interested in getting involved with VAR decisions in last night’s game.

Personally I like the bloke, when under pressure as our manager, he didn’t complain and just got on with his job.

He did what was asked of him last season and that was keep our club in the top league.

This season he has done a good job at Wolves and they have no relegation worries.

Saw his interview on the BBC website, very critical of his sides performance, not interested in getting involved with VAR decisions in last night’s game.

Personally I like the bloke, when under pressure as our manager, he didn’t complain and just got on with his job.

He did what was asked of him last season and that was keep our club in the top league.

This season he has done a good job at Wolves and they have no relegation worries.

Completely agree and he always got “it” with us. Perhaps his now media persona is because he also gets “it” at Wolves.

I don’t understand the character assassinations. I’m pleased it’s worked out for us and him. It wasn’t his fault he got offered the job and he certainly shouldn’t have turned it down when offered it. He then did a great recovery job with a broken squad with demoralised moral. Quite possibility the right man for the job at that time. I still don’t think he would have got the job on a permanent basis if it wasn’t for the Everton week, but he still kept us up and if we had gone out and got a new permanent manager we would have missed out on Iraola.

It was all just meant to be.

It’s just amusing watching the small echo chamber on here that defended him retrenching. Our Brockenhurst Xenophobic branch has gone strangely quiet. When I identified Iraola it was because I knew what we needed to get us going again. You have to admit you are enjoying it Del, come on!
Unless I’m misreading the room, that small echo chamber you identified are those who spend their lives looking to pull GON apart. Each to their own but a bit of realism wouldn’t go amiss.

Our Brockenhurst Xenophobic branch has gone strangely quiet.

sorry humpty I was at work
and it's the bashley xenophobe if you must know, i've told you that before
try to keep up

I don't give a fcuk about wolves or their manager, i've told you that before too
you've spent hours and hours and pages and pages being offended by his every word, do you need another cuddle?

time to move on

Gary ONeil and Andoni Iraola will Win and Lose football matches with teams under their charge in the future.....most of the outcomes will come from psychological aspects affecting players during the games leading to either mistakes or flashes of skill by Players.... These Managers will have only minimal control over this.....and we will see...as we are doing with Klopps and Hags..that a Manager at this level and under heavy scrutiny can quickly become a psychological wreck in a very short passage of time.
It's not as simple as a Bournemouth fan / observer stating who is sh*te and who is great at any given point ..passages of time bring out the truths eventually.

sorry humpty I was at work
do you need another cuddle?
Sorry. Bit fragile at the moment, I’ve fallen off a wall. They’re sending some blokes with horses apparently.

Understand you are a bit fragile too that someone with an ‘a’ at the end of their name beat your solid meat and two veg hero.

We will both mend…

;