Gary O'Neil

But for fans to bang on endlessly about the idea that managers get a payout as if it's their money is a little odd is it not? Why would anyone give a toss?
Because instead of having the various millions we paid people to use on players we end up bringing in Jack Stephens and Rothwell…. Any continual waste of money needs calling out imo.

I also don't think we could entertain someone coming in and ripping things up and starting afresh half way through a season.

It's a tricky one, every appointment is a risk. There clearly aren't many quality candidates out there when you look at who's been appointed elsewhere. I've got my reservations about O'Neil as I did about Bielsa but you have to pick someone and I don't see why O'Neil is necessary worse than the other options.

Because instead of having the various millions we paid people to use on players we end up bringing in Jack Stephens and Rothwell…. Any continual waste of money needs calling out imo.
What various millions? You seriously think that's impacted our spend in the last transfer window, and nothing to do with the fact Max is selling?
What club hasn't sacked 3 managers in the last 10 years, not many.
Moan moan moan

Yes but you've no idea how much money has been 'wasted', it's all just speculation so you can bang on about Blake and Hughes again.

Whatever Howe's payout was was absolutely not a waste of money, they could double it and he would have deserved it. I doubt anyone other than you has ever moaned about Howe's payout in fact I reckon fans would have had much more of a problem if they didn't do right by him when he left.

There's no evidence that Tindall cost load, in fact as we discussed earlier in the week it might actually have been cheaper than he would have been if he left with Howe.

Parker got them promoted so any payout is drawfed by the cash he generated. They were also right to sack him.

What various millions? You seriously think that's impacted our spend in the last transfer window, and nothing to do with the fact Max is selling?
Moan moan moan

He's obviously talking b*llocks but it is funny watching his examples of poor signings change as their form picks up. Our summer transfer window was very good considering the ownership situation will have limited spend. I suspect even Neil agrees.

Absolute nonsense.

Only one of those free transfers was from Salisbury, the other was from Weymouth ;-)

It was Anton Robinson from Weymouth. He was a fantastic signing, made us very solid and hard to break down. I forget who came from Salisbury, Tubbs was there but came later?

Moan moan moan
We are on our fifth in 27 months… don’t let facts get in the way though. We used to laugh at Watford. Now it’s us it’s ok though…

It's a fair point tbh. At which point does a CEO get questioned?
Answer. On every social media platform and forum apart from this one (except for me and a couple others) This forum has always been the most loyal to personnel on and off the pitch. In the main this makes it a lot easier reading, more intelligent and less reactionary.

If you don’t always agree though it can be a little frustrating. :grinning:

Answer. On every social media platform and forum apart from this one (except for me and a couple others) This forum has always been the most loyal to personnel on and off the pitch. In the main this makes it a lot easier reading, more intelligent and less reactionary.

If you don’t always agree though it can be a little frustrating. :grinning:
I've subscribed to the Guardian, just to try and fit in. ;)

;