Gary O'Neil

So..O'Neil makes mistake/ error of judgement regarding Howes team set up and game plan.

Not like Andoni ever gets anything wrong eh...?

..ha hah ..what a f√cking joke !

Last edited:
So..O'Neil makes mistake/ error of judgement regarding Howes team set up..
Not like Andoni ever gets anything wrong eh...

Calm down, it’s rather the post match comments that the Newcastle fans have found ridiculous.

He’s failed to see what was happening in front of him, it happens, he’s still a rookie manager and being out thought by Howe doesn’t make him a poor manager.

But making the comments has highlighted his short comings in this single game.

Calm down, it’s rather the post match comments that the Newcastle fans have found ridiculous.

He’s failed to see what was happening in front of him, it happens, he’s still a rookie manager and being out thought by Howe doesn’t make him a poor manager.

But making the comments has highlighted his short comings in this single game.
Fair points but .. 'rookie manager'...Is the significant element ...he won't always be that..and we have a third of the season to go....

They've all got shortcomings....Howe has some he hasn't ironed out yet !

Is it possible that Gon thinks he invented the counter attack..... Lol
Hard to believe that a professional coach wouldn't know that Eddie has that in his locker....we had nearly three seasons in the PL watching pretty much the same goals Newcastle scored on Saturday.

So..O'Neil makes mistake/ error of judgement regarding Howes team set up and game plan.

Not like Andoni ever gets anything wrong eh...?

No-ones talking about Andoni here though are they apart from you bringing him into it.

Can't upset the GON fan club.

Gotta wonder who some of you are going to support when we play Wolves in a few weeks, with the amount of Gaz love that's been spouted on here lately.

No-ones talking about Andoni here though are they apart from you bringing him into it.

Gotta wonder who some of you are going to support when we play Wolves in a few weeks, with the amount of Gaz love that's been spouted on here lately.
I can think of a couple people hoping GON ‘pulls Manuels trousers down’ again it’s sad

I can think of a couple people hoping GON ‘pulls Manuels trousers down’ again it’s sad

It's sad indeed... similar to salivating over the opportunity to declare new signings as 'injury prone' after they get subbed with an impact injury halfway through their first start.

Oh get real...A lot of things gotta be wondered about in any field of life....when you think that there are 8 billion people on this Planet ; every single one with a different agenda from minute to minute .

It's possible and highly likely for someone who thinks highly of GON...to put that aside for 95 minutes...while he is in opposition to the Cherries... for F√ck Sake !

so weird that you can't say a bad word about GON on here without people jumping down your throat. His only attachment to the club was as a coach and then head coach with a tenure here of what just over 2 years total? Even Eddie Howe got criticism, but say anything about GON and suddenly you have to start defending Iraola?

Funny to see O'Neil saying this stuff. Just goes to show that he thinks a lot of himself. No wonder he lost the dressing room here.

so weird that you can't say a bad word about GON on here without people jumping down your throat. His only attachment to the club was as a coach and then head coach with a tenure here of what just over 2 years total? Even Eddie Howe got criticism, but say anything about GON and suddenly you have to start defending Iraola?

Funny to see O'Neil saying this stuff. Just goes to show that he thinks a lot of himself. No wonder he lost the dressing room here.

I don't think that is the case at all other than Brian. Generally what people are saying about O'Neil is that the criticism he got was way OTT.

Where do you get the idea that he lost the dressing room out of interest?

Where do you get the idea that he lost the dressing room out of interest?
Just on the wind up tbh on this part, but somehow he managed to completely demotivate the team with four games left. I always said that if it wasn't for these four games - yes on paper they were tough but man oh man the performances were dire - I would have probably wanted him to stay. but those matches left me feeling meh about him

Just on the wind up tbh on this part, but somehow he managed to completely demotivate the team with four games left. I always said that if it wasn't for these four games - yes on paper they were tough but man oh man the performances were dire - I would have probably wanted him to stay. but those matches left me feeling meh about him

They are the stuff of legends now those four games. To my mind two were poor performances and two were ok but we happened to get beat.

If it wasn’t for the “Everton week” he’d have never got the job full time and would probably have been headed for a career as a number two at best somewhere else eventually.

;