Gary O'Neil

the old club that sacked him after achieving his objectives with ignorant elements of it's supporters delighting in that sacking and then taking huge offence when he answers questions about it

desperation indeed
I’ve not taken offence. More pity for him that he displays constantly why they took the job off him. He should focus in on why the players tossed it off once they’d established their salaries for another year. Because they all thought he was a PE teacher cock too probably.

It's a shame really. GON's legacy should have been that he kept us up in a difficult season with a WC interruption. Well yes it is that but he is also a dick

The sad thing is that he's looked up that net spend stat.......does anyone think that Andoni gives a toss what another teams net spend is?.......he says he's fully focused on Wolves but he's clearly not.
I know. He didn’t bring it up when they lost at Sheff Utd as a reason they should have won… probably focused in on the ref…

the fcuk you haven't
it's becoming nearly as bad as your hatred of blake, and that's saying something

if we lose tomorrow and fall away badly in the remaining games we can no doubt rely on your famous consistency demanding the manager's head
The funny thing is, I don't think anyone demanded GON's head last season. For me I was more relieved than anything else when he was released. I was ok with him starting as manager for the new season but was happy to change it too.

Because he has little man syndrome. Zero class. What a tosser.
Funnily enough my son just put the same paragraph on a what's app group,and that was the exact word I used Neil. Absolute tosser.

As Max said he's making it sound like he was poached from us!

5th largest net spend, let's ignore the spend in the squad he inherited, where they had spent so much, they had to sell to avoid FFP, despite gettjng 3 huge fees back in.

Funnily enough my son just put the same paragraph on a what's app group,and that was the exact word I used Neil. Absolute tosser.

As Max said he's making it sound like he was poached from us!

5th largest net spend, let's ignore the spend in the squad he inherited, where they had spent so much, they had to sell to avoid FFP, despite gettjng 3 huge fees back in.
I know. There’s only one xenophobic bigot on here that can’t see it.

if we lose tomorrow and fall away badly in the remaining games we can no doubt rely on your famous consistency demanding the manager's head
This time last season I said if GON keeps us up he deserves the chance to go again with new signings so I am consistent in saying the same for Andoni.

I’ve only seen the text not the interview. So it’s missing context for me, like the question he was asked and why he gave that answer, the tone in his voice etc.

If it’s an answer that isn’t directly answering the question, like Sean Dyche used to do whilst at Burnley, then obviously it’s not a good look. If it’s a direct answer to a direct question then it’s not an issue.

Personally, he always came across as getting “it” at AFCB, now he’s at Wolves his focus is keeping their fans on side so he’s going to say what they want to hear.

I don’t have an issue with that and I don’t think it’s highly unlikeable either.

Fair and balanced DJ.

However he said it, just like he boasted about his master plan working in the first game, when their player cheated, to reduce us to ten men, and then Neto and Billing between them contrived to give away one of the stupidest goals ever.

We are a very different proposition now, albeit slightly weakened on flanks.

What goes around comes around, and I really hope we smash them tonight.

Fair and balanced DJ.

However he said it, just like he boasted about his master plan working in the first game, when their player cheated, to reduce us to ten men, and then Neto and Billing between them contrived to give away one of the stupidest goals ever.

We are a very different proposition now, albeit slightly weakened on flanks.

What goes around comes around, and I really hope we smash them tonight.

I don’t remember their player cheating, I remember Lewis Cook being pretty foolish and sending us down to 10 in a point during the game where we were on top.

The Neto / Billing thing certainly gifted them a result.

I’ve never watched the MNF segment in full, so I can’t properly comment.

I hope we smash Wolves, not because of O’Neil but because that’s who we are playing…that and Wolves being highly unlikeable.

Yeah agree Lewis deserved red card, but their player threw himself to the ground, having created the situaion, cant stand that 'gamesmanship'.

I'm going to go all Brian End.of. fullstop

This time last season I said if GON keeps us up he deserves the chance to go again with new signings so I am consistent in saying the same for Andoni.

bullshit as per
feeble attempt at a get-out if things go tits-up and to rewrite history, a bit like your equally feeble attempt to back peddle after you likened klievert's ability to that of his mum

humpty dumpty is a busted flush

I’ve only seen the text not the interview. So it’s missing context for me, like the question he was asked and why he gave that answer, the tone in his voice etc.

If it’s an answer that isn’t directly answering the question, like Sean Dyche used to do whilst at Burnley, then obviously it’s not a good look. If it’s a direct answer to a direct question then it’s not an issue.

Personally, he always came across as getting “it” at AFCB, now he’s at Wolves his focus is keeping their fans on side so he’s going to say what they want to hear.

I don’t have an issue with that and I don’t think it’s highly unlikeable either.

I don't think it's as out of order as most people seem to think. I do think he clearly wants to get one over the club who sacked him and if not wants to make his excuses. Tbf of course he wants to do that.

"On any thoughts on showing former club Bournemouth what they are missing: “Not at all. Zero. If you did that in football you’d constantly be competing with teams and people you left behind. You move on all the time. I'm pleased they are doing well and I think the whole football club has progressed fantastically well. If you look at the net spend, they are the fifth highest spenders in the league in the last two windows. We are in similar positions in the league but different situations. I’m fully focused on our situation.”

He continued: “I had an opportunity I enjoyed, a tough opportunity, people see Bournemouth as giving me a first shot at it. I was given an incredibly difficult task, the team had just lost 16-0 on aggregate over last three games. I managed to make a decent go of it, hence my opportunity at a big club like Wolves.”

;