Gavin Kilkenny

kirsikka

UTC Legend
Article that has a bit about one of youth prospects.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2016/oct/04/next-generation-2016-20-of-the-best-talents-at-premier-league-clubs

I'm a little unclear how we signed him though. It says he had to be living within 90 minutes of the club for us to sign him but he's from Ireland. Unless they're counting by Ryanair?

Isn't picking up U18s from overseas the offence that got Barcelona and Real Madrid into trouble? I'm sure it's on a completely different scale and so isn't an issue but does anyone know exactly how these things work?

Preventing us from employing a 16 year old from within the EU would break the law. I believe the Spanish teams were done for younger than 16.

FIFA rules I think are pro contracts at 18 years old, apart from within the EU which is 16.

Silent AFCB - 5/10/2016 11:38

Preventing us from employing a 16 year old from within the EU would break the law. I believe the Spanish teams were done for younger than 16.

FIFA rules I think are pro contracts at 18 years old, apart from within the EU which is 16.

And they were south American U-16s in Real / Barca's case.

Simon Francis singing his praises from what he's seen during pre-season with him.

Last edited:
Very impressed from what I’ve seen BUT I think a 6 month loan spell to a Championship club would be a real indicator as to where he is. If he’s not going to get regular football here right now, let’s do what we can to make it happen. Brilliant to see him and Ofaborh celebrating together after his goal!

Very impressed from what I’ve seen BUT I think a 6 month loan spell to a Championship club would be a real indicator as to where he is. If he’s not going to get regular football here right now, let’s do what we can to make it happen. Brilliant to see him and Ofaborh celebrating together after his goal!

Could follow Ofoborh and Taylor in getting on the bench if we have injuries

Could follow Ofoborh and Taylor in getting on the bench if we have injuries
He absolutely could and I think most of us would love to see it. We can’t underestimate the importance of competitive matches in his development though. I’d like to think that if Sir Edward of Howe doesn’t see him getting match time for a while he’ll look to the lob market. If he sees him as part of the squad, then great!

;