Goalkeeper upgrade for next season.

Wondered if Ramsdale wanted regular first team football?! Probably wouldn’t drop down to us, and wages might be an issue, but I’d welcome him back.

Not fussed about pens - not sure what average is, but doubt you get a keeper that saves more than a quarter or so of pens? More of a bonus thing, than essential, when choosing your gk imo.

Tough one with Neto, as stats indicate doing well, but he seems to have that Brazillian gk trait of being eccentric/unreliable... whereas I prefer more rock/solid consistent gk's... better version of David Forde types - if they still exist in modern game.

Very weak yeHe sterday dealing with that cross. In isolation, not a big issue, but when assessed with all the other 'clangers', questions will be asked by people.
From what I remember last season, Neto was more of a puncher than a catcher. Always a weakness maybe, but now he's trying to catch and dropping.

current u21 keeper, multiple england age rep caps
6'6", decent save percentage this season, great with his feet
are you confusing him with someone else?
Speak to any Burnley fan, they’ve been begging for Kompany to drop him for months. He’s cost them so many goals. Now they finally have they have started to pick up results and even have a shot at surviving. Playing a young keeper in the PL rarely ends well, even if they are talented-

Southampton- Bazunu- relegated
Sunderland- Pickford- relegated
Burnley- Trafford- relegated
Us- Ramsdale- relegated
Sheffield United- Ramsdale- relegated

There were obviously other factors at play for each club, but it’s just to illustrate the point.

It’s the one position at this level that you can’t afford to go the inexperienced route. We’d 100% be better sticking with Neto than recruiting Trafford.

Speak to any Burnley fan, they’ve been begging for Kompany to drop him for months. He’s cost them so many goals. Now they finally have they have started to pick up results and even have a shot at surviving. Playing a young keeper in the PL rarely ends well, even if they are talented-

Southampton- Bazunu- relegated
Sunderland- Pickford- relegated
Burnley- Trafford- relegated
Us- Ramsdale- relegated
Sheffield United- Ramsdale- relegated

There were obviously other factors at play for each club, but it’s just to illustrate the point.

It’s the one position at this level that you can’t afford to go the inexperienced route. We’d 100% be better sticking with Neto than recruiting Trafford.

I’m not sold on Trafford either as he’s no better than Neto with the ball at his feet, although he has time to improve.

Ramsdale was probably our best player the season we got relegated. Correlation isn’t always causation.

It’ll take me some time to shake from my view on Trafford the memory of thousands of Burnley fans on their feet whistling and protesting against their own team’s tactics of passing back to him and playing out through him.

Maybe with a better team outfield it’d work better and be better received by a different fanbase. It was pretty toothless though.

Get Marcin Bulka from OGC Nice, his still only 24 and we would have GK's situation sorted for many years - I mean at least till one of the bigger clubs would offer big money for him.

;