Good news thread

No good deed goes unpunished .........

Was working in the garage yesterday and a budgie flew in during a rainstorm. Not supposed to be in the wild here, can survive the summer if the hawks don't get it but would not survive the winter.

Close the garage door and try everything for about an hour. He's in the crawlspace, in the rafters, on the garage door track. Wife puts a hook on the garage door track with a bird feeder, hoping to lure him there where I can capture him in a net. He finally flies into a basket, so we put the net over him and take him to Animal Services. They keep him in lost and found for three days, and then he goes up for adoption - $10 (they have some really nice parrots for about $150, and rabbits for $25 if you are interested).

Very smug and pleased with ourselves, we head back home. Use the remote control to open the garage door. Jams on the hook that we forgot to remove. Garage door opener totalled - $600 to replace.

I feel that we are due some very good karma.

No good deed goes unpunished .........

Was working in the garage yesterday and a budgie flew in during a rainstorm. Not supposed to be in the wild here, can survive the summer if the hawks don't get it but would not survive the winter.

Close the garage door and try everything for about an hour. He's in the crawlspace, in the rafters, on the garage door track. Wife puts a hook on the garage door track with a bird feeder, hoping to lure him there where I can capture him in a net. He finally flies into a basket, so we put the net over him and take him to Animal Services. They keep him in lost and found for three days, and then he goes up for adoption - $10 (they have some really nice parrots for about $150, and rabbits for $25 if you are interested).

Very smug and pleased with ourselves, we head back home. Use the remote control to open the garage door. Jams on the hook that we forgot to remove. Garage door opener totalled - $600 to replace.

I feel that we are due some very good karma.
Oh dear. You must have been as sick as a parrot…or a budgie in this case.

On Saturday night I was looking at a Youtube video of Billy Strings latest tour and found out he's coming to Europe. Looked for England and managed to get tickets for myself and Table junior in November. The good news is, we should be able to get someone to assist the Good Lady during the night and I'm free for a day out with the nipper in the Big Smoke ( might do the Morph trail ) : )

Not only that but I got a Tax rebate of £82-40 on Friday, which covers the tickets for £83 : )

Ps haven't been to gig of my choice since before lockdown, almost saw Arcade Fire in September but didn't for various reasons, including H.M.the Q dying : (

Old girl across the field has started a kind of sanctuary for the homeless and neglected local animals. Five donkeys in a fortnight, I’m not sure if that’s good or bad actually, here’s two lucky ones View attachment 11191

Talking of donkeys (no, not any footballers) :grinning:, we were out having a picnic during the week near Setley Pond in the shade under a tree.

We had just finished the picnic when about half a dozen donkeys arrived on the scene, one being particularly nosy and started to put his nose into a cardboard box we had bits and pieces in, then when told there was nothing in there, proceeded to lift box, tip nearly everything out and ran off with the box.

My wife suddenly got up and gave chase, unknown to me she had put her handbag at the bottom of the box why we were having our picnic, the donkey stopped a few yards away and put the box down and proceeded to start to stamp on it.

Luckily my wife grabbed the box and got the box and her handbag back with little damage to the box.

So if you go to Setley Pond for a quiet picnic, beware of the donkeys who may suddenly appear. ;)

I'm led to believe they're all old saints players, set free to roam the forest in their latter years. Could have been francis benali sticking his nose in.

Last edited:
If you are ever over on the IOW there is a very good Donkey Sanctuary there which is worth a visit.

Last edited:
BBQ this afternoon, forecast heavy rain................so........ it's bloody England, better that 42degrees...............#passtheketchup

The first white-tailed eagle has been born in the wild in England in more than 240 years.

25 eagles have been released on the Isle of Wight since 2019.

They were hunted to extinction in the UK in the early 1900s.

The chick hatched in a nest on the south coast of England.

Happy to say that am working to get improved by the club to be an official supporters group over here based in Charlotte NC and it is moving along nicely!

Good news is first meet up is planned for one of the games next month and even though not as much interaction so far as I would like as far as people in the area who are Cherries fans goes, have to start somewhere! Stickers are designed also, and will be up for purchase soon!

Follow us on Twitter @AFCB_Charlotte if just want to keep up for any reason!

UTCIAD

;