Hamed Traore

Quite possibly, but evidently we are going to do our best to minimise any loss, or even break even on him.

Considering how terrible his signing apparently has been that would be pretty good going would it not?
Yes it would be.

It would but a long way to go before we get a decent fee for him

In regards to the full fee, true, but financially, I reckon any loan fee will mean our outlay over the financial period will be minimal. Which is the aim here in improving our standing with ffp.

let’s see summer time. If traore has been that ill it will take some time to recover and play at his best. I hope it goes well for him

In regards to the full fee, true, but financially, I reckon any loan fee will mean our outlay over the financial period will be minimal. Which is the aim here in improving our standing with ffp.
Yes does seem a bit of a risk for napoli, given he's not played since his illness

Yes does seem a bit of a risk for napoli, given he's not played since his illness

He's going to have to play well to justify that fee, which as you say isn't guaranteed given his illness. If the fee is right it does indicate how highly rated he was in Italy when we signed him.

I think he just wants to feel a part of things even if it's limited opportunities. A lot of keeping a squad happy is down to Iraola and man management. There were periods when he wasn't even making the squad although that seems to have changed recently.
We're in the January window, where a useful replacement would likely be very expensive. Moore has proven consistently that he CAN score in the Premier League. With Dom being ( touch wood ) generally always available for selection, he is an adequate backup for the odd occasion when we might need to replace Dom and I think AI is the sort of manager who would tweak the way we play to get the most out of Moore in such a situation, if needed.

Like you say, I think he will be happy enough as long as he is involved in the match day squads ( which he generally is ) and he's almost certainly earning more here than he would anywhere else.

Given that Dom is generally available for selection, Moore seems like an economical and adequate backup for a worst case scenario. I think under AI he is more likely to be deemed adequate cover than he would have been under our previous managers.

Obviously his situation will be up for reevaluation in the summer when there may be better options for both the player and the club.

Last edited:
He isn't Harry Arter.

Most football players want to maximise their time on the pitch why they are able.

To see what they can do.

When 95 per cent of footballers careers are over ar an elite level by the age of 35, I can't see Moore being happy being part of the 'match day squad'

To let a whole load of fringe players go out on loan, and then retain Moore because we don't have any sort of back up for Solanke, is quite frankly, unfair on Kieffer.

He isn't Harry Arter.

Most football players want to maximise their time on the pitch why they are able.

To see what they can do.

When 95 per cent of footballers careers are over ar an elite level by the age of 35, I can't see Moore being happy being part of the 'match day squad'

To let a whole load of fringe players go out on loan, and then retain Moore because we don't have any sort of back up for Solanke, is quite frankly, unfair on Kieffer.
A Premier League squad consists of 25 players over 21 and as many under 21s you want to register. Only 11 of them start each game, 20 make up the match day squad with a maximum of 16 allowed on the field. This means at least 5 players the squad have no chance of featuring each game. In most squads all those players get some game time over the course of a season.

Assuming a reasonable number of under 21s it means around 2/3rds of Premier League players are in the same boat as Moore.

I guess the question for Moore, if he doesn't think he's able to mount a challenge for Solanke, is does he want to spend his twilight years as footballer as injury cover and substitute playing against some of the best players in the world or does he want to slash his wages to drop a level to get more game time?

A Premier League squad consists of 25 players over 21 and as many under 21s you want to register. Only 11 of them start each game, 20 make up the match day squad with a maximum of 16 allowed on the field. This means at least 5 players the squad have no chance of featuring each game. In most squads all those players get some game time over the course of a season.

Assuming a reasonable number of under 21s it means around 2/3rds of Premier League players are in the same boat as Moore.

I guess the question for Moore, if he doesn't think he's able to mount a challenge for Solanke, is does he want to spend his twilight years as footballer as injury cover and substitute playing against some of the best players in the world or does he want to slash his wages to drop a level to get more game time?
Thanks for your long winded, statistically laden post where you wanted to argue with me, but then ended up agreeing with me.

Sometimes, even you Kudos as well as SDD want to pick a fight, but can't actually find one in the end.

;