Hamed Traore

Secondly, you ask if Moore thinks he can challenge Solanke for his place.

If you need to ask the question, I guess you don't really know the answer.

Ultimately only Moore himself can say what he’s happy to do and, tactically, that wouldn’t be the best way to negotiate a move or contract extension.

I think all this stuff from Rob Page is just Grandstanding or getting his excuses in early. It makes little difference if players are playing consistently in the Championship or training with a PL squad every day. If Brooks, Meps and Moore are the best players he's got for their respective positions then he will play them irrespective of what Division they are playing in.

It seems to me that if AI can convince Keiffer that he is making a valuable contribution to the team by coming on in the second half of games and scoring goals against tiring defenders that increase our points total, he might not feel the need to move away.

Thanks for your long winded, statistically laden post where you wanted to argue with me, but then ended up agreeing with me.

Sometimes, even you Kudos as well as SDD want to pick a fight, but can't actually find one in the end.
I'm just suggesting that as 450-odd players aren't moving on every window maybe, just maybe being guaranteed playing 90 minutes week in, week out isn't the be-all and end-all you seem to think it is.

If we agree why are you all tetchy?

I think he just wants to feel a part of things even if it's limited opportunities. A lot of keeping a squad happy is down to Iraola and man management. There were periods when he wasn't even making the squad although that seems to have changed recently.
Also, wants to play for Wales and has been told to seek out regular playing time. When Kieffer's on song, he's a nightmare for defenders, but he lacks flexibility I think. He's an old-fashioned striker rather than what the PL striker role seems to have evolved into.

Exactly. Goes over there, recovers, sets the world alight and we either break even or even make a profit on a potentially difficult signing… or he comes back to us as a world beater.

I tried to guage the reaction of their fans and it seems they are not happy. Not because they've signed Traore but because the person who does the graphics on their social media posts isn't up to scratch.

I have no idea how long it takes to recover from malaria, but he contracted it in November and spent a period of time in hospital.

That may well have been a month or so ago now and if he’s been cleared with his tests etc then he’d be fine to pass a medical with the loaning/buying club taking into account that he might not be available to play immediately.
You don't recover, it stays with you for life, symptoms subside but can be triggered again by a multitude of reasons. Best of luck to the lad but if Napoli want him at end of loan it'll be a bullet dodged by the club !

You don't recover, it stays with you for life, symptoms subside but can be triggered again by a multitude of reasons. Best of luck to the lad but if Napoli want him at end of loan it'll be a bullet dodged by the club !

Yeah perhaps certain strains?

But recall when I carried out research (as in an hour or 2 googling...)on it before spending year in SE Asia 20 years back, choosing which antimalarial medication to use etc, iirc it stays with you for life. Can flare up if rundown, stressed etc amongst other things.

But perhaps not all strains, abd perhaps treatment has moved on since to keep it dormant/kill it off?.

Nasty thing and reminder of how we still haven't found solution to some of mother nature's 'gifts', despite all research, money that's gone into it ...

Tbh amazed he's contracted it, as thought antimalarial tablets are pretty damn effective now, offering complete protection if used properly. Maybe not totally effective for some. A bit silly if he didn't take it as advised though... stakes to high not to follow proper guidelines.. as yes, may now haunt him for life and possibly f*** up his career.

Not necessarily. If you get the correct treatment all the malaria parasites are removed from your body and you no longer get infected. I imagine someone on his wage and in his job will be getting the best medical care. Particularly because treatment will probably come up during his next club medical assessment.

;