Hands up. Who's been passing tickets on...............................

It’ll be rife. That article alone says 8 of the 15 ejected were not the ticket holders.

Undoubtedly passing tickets on happens. But equally large groups buy tickets and then randomly hand out the tickets amongst themselves. Unless they print your name on the ticket your not going to know whose ticket is assigned to whom.

Embarrassing from the club. As if Palace and Everton have agreed for their stewards to check ID against a list of 2,000 for everyone going in!
That’s what I thought. It isn’t just checking ID, it’s then checking who the seat was sold to. Very time consuming process.

This is pathetic.

Some of what is written is also nonsensical. If you want to stop flares being thrown onto the pitch, then just make sure people are properly searched when entering into the ground. How is ID checking a ticket going to stop that? Vs Saints there was a guy literally walking around with a large leather bag, how about you just check what’s in there instead?

How can this even be checked? I have a family member who has the ticketing account, he purchases away tickets for both of us via his account. So am I going to be refused entry because I’m not the account holder?

This is pathetic.

Some of what is written is also nonsensical. If you want to stop flares being thrown onto the pitch, then just make sure people are properly searched when entering into the ground. How is ID checking a ticket going to stop that? Vs Saints there was a guy literally walking around with a large leather bag, how about you just check what’s in there instead?

How can this even be checked? I have a family member who has the ticketing account, he purchases away tickets for both of us via his account. So am I going to be refused entry because I’m not the account holder?

He'll still have to allocate the ticket to you, or someone else with enough points.

This is pathetic.

Well no as your away ticket when he buys it would be allocated to you. When purchasing tickets and you get to the basket it’ll ask you who each one is for. Hence how you get away points.

There’s no names on tickets? That would be the easiest way. It’s hard enough for a 40 bed Premier Inn to find out if you’ve booked breakfast off a list so good luck finding a name in a list of 2000. How weird.

When Paul Groves was manager it was only drugs that would have got you through the 90 mins but less excuse now.

;