Harry Arter

At this point, given the public knowledge of his wanting to leave, I think Arter was £7-12 million, not £20m. So if Fulham do go up and we get more or we sell him elsewhere for higher next summer I'll acknowledge they did well.

I think every deal prior to this one so far this summer, both ingoing and outgoing, has been good in terms of price or terms. That being said, that doesn't mean we can't criticise if we think a mistake has been made.

My prediction is Fulham are in for a season of mid-table mediocrity with Parker out of a job by February. Based on nothing more than a gut feeling but then what are forums for if you can post unsubstantiated opinions?

Well I'm gonna stick my head out there and take a battering from most but personally I'm glad to see the back of him. Yes he played a part of rise up the leagues, yes he was an absolute bargain find and will be remembered for his better performances, he also went through a monumental personal horror. But he was reckless, unruly , argumentative and became a liability and disruptive. His chapter with us is now closed and it's for the best hes moved on. Our club has given him opportunities as a footballer that he could only of dreamt having. We've done our bit and he's done his. Good luck to him but its no loss that he's gone.

Are you new here?.;)

You can try and criticise but DJ, Del, Rob and the other official apparatchiks will be on you like a flash.

We used to play Bury remember. Are you not happy Kirsikka? :grinning:
Ah bless the outrider returns!

I didn’t say it was a bad deal, or a good one. But now you’ve turned up it’s become obvious!

My point was that whatever we’d received wouldn’t have been enough to satisfy the moaners. Criticise all you like but do it from a better position, like yours clearly.

I actually think it’s you that can’t handle the differences Neil. And as much as I say I don’t know enough to criticise, it’s in direct contradiction to your knocking of Eddie, but you’ll throw in the rare bit of sugar coating!

Maybe this is one of those rare times when being a compassionate human being trumps footballing concerns. Harry Arter will always be remembered as an AFCB legend after getting us promoted and has gone through something in his personal life that none of us would wish on anybody. It is obviously still affecting him. Maybe, just maybe, the club was prepared to sacrifice some money to ensure that this deal goes through for Harry so he can finally move on.

Are you new here?.;)

You can try and criticise but DJ, Del, Rob and the other official apparatchiks will be on you like a flash.

We used to play Bury remember. Are you not happy Kirsikka? :grinning:

I appreciate how exciting it is when a new word appears on your word of the day toilet paper but could you have not waited a bit longer and used it under a better scenario? Would have worked much better.

It would have been 10m absolute tops but I agree we should have held out for cash and get gone now.

If he damages his ligaments in last game of season we will pay his wages all the following year too.

If Fulham have an obligation to buy should they get promoted, and they do get promoted, then they would have to buy him ruptured ligaments and all.

Apparently the Manchester United Board think Harry Maguire is worth £80 million. In a world where that happens, anything is possible.

If there was a permanent deal to be done for a transfer fee I’m sure it would have been done. I honestly don’t think the market for Arter’s services was that high.

At least we get a loan fee and a contribution if not all his wages paid. The alternative is we have to pay a player for a year who doesn’t want to be here and probably doesn’t even get named in the 25.

;