Have we become entitled

Surely if booing and shouting advice/abuse worked, we'd have pretty nigh perfect referees and linos : )

I think a full and frank exchange of views in the changing room or a change of tactics and personnel has the most effect : )

Didn't outright boo at halftime but groaned very loudly. You're at the ground, unbelievably emotionally invested in your teams fortunes, it's hard not to show your emotions, in the moment and for some that's booing : )

Ps I prefer to remember the full time feeling to the halftime feeling : )

Last edited:
This doesn’t make sense though. Every home fanbase does it. God knows we’ve been the joyous creation of it many times as a small club winning away in style at half time at a big club.

So if a player finds it effects them mentally, which I respect, it’s their career they need to change not their club.

Individuals being targeted is different of course.
The booing at half time at DC was nothing compared to what would be the reaction at many other grounds.

I didn't boo, not sure it's a positive thing to do long term. People who advocate booing or abuse, do you really think it's a good thing?

A player is going to remember the booing much longer than the win a few weeks down the line. As a player it would piss me off and I'd have no affection for the home fans. Saying booing gets a positive reaction from the players is total rubbish. Just my views.

I felt a stunned silence as they trooped off at HT would have been more appropriate.

I'd only boo for the wee turd.

S
I didn't boo, not sure it's a positive thing to do long term. People who advocate booing or abuse, do you really think it's a good thing?

A player is going to remember the booing much longer than the win a few weeks down the line. As a player it would piss me off and I'd have no affection for the home fans. Saying booing gets a positive reaction from the players is total rubbish. Just my views.

I felt a stunned silence as they trooped off at HT would have been more appropriate.

I'd only boo for the wee turd.

Stunned silence........the default atmosphere most weeks.

At the risk of stating the bleedin' obvious, different people react in different ways; some shouting and waving their arms, whereas I am a mutterer, with an 'oh for f**ks sake' under my breath as third goal went in during the first half. I was however, cheered by the team coming our early in the second half and catching Mike Botto out and almost the game at the time – find the centre circle – and learning how to kick the ball. I take it no one is allowed near a penalty spot presently?

It wasn’t that poor in the first half, but the shock of being three down meant the jeering off was very likely.

I can’t imagine there’s any club that doesn’t take stick from its fans at some point.

To me there’s a difference between generic booing and abusing individual players.

I also think the players need to chill a little. The sulking and heading straight off after the final whistle suggests they are also entitled.

The players definitely need to chill a bit, I can’t see how Adam Smith chuntering at the family stand of all places is going to achieve anything or the other players making gestures the north stand and east stand.

It clearly doesn’t have any positive impact on them, so they need to learn to block it out. I’m sure our smaller stadium has a negative impact in that regard as one lone voice sounds louder.

Fans will be fans, they’ll always boo at half time, in Europe you’ll get their ultras in balaclavas giving the team talk… I’m sure both are about as constructive as the other…

Should boo the stewards before the game.

Probably get in quicker.

Boo your boss, probably get a pay rise.

Boo your Cat, might stop going to the neighbour's for extra food.

Boo your car, might get better MPG, or have a more valuable resale.

Boo the missus, better in the sack perhaps.

This booing thing really has positive results, try it in all aspects of your life.
Don't boo the missus like this:

;