Home form

That’s your opinion of it. You talk as if your opinion is the worlds opinion.

I will carry on believing our coaching staff may have been correct for the team they brought up but they aren’t right for the current crop to reach full potential. I will carry on saying this until I change my mind.

You I am sure will carry on replying in whatever timescale suits!

Im not sure really what you want from me?

You started a new thread saying the same thing you've said in pretty much every football thread you've commented on for the last 18 months. I said you were boring and you asked me to explain why.

I thought yesterday was fine overall honestly; first half was poor from both (because of Burnley’s Neanderthal tactics), but the second half was much better from us, from a footballing perspective. We did everything bar shoot, which is obviously a problem still.

There were plenty of good things happening, fullbacks and Billing high up the pitch joining attacks, defence mostly solid, Lerma a warrior once again, King full of pace and trickery. The only negatives from our performance would be a lack of quality on the crosses, and Callum Wilson, who was fucking appalling and didn’t get on the end of any of the decent crosses, or run, or stay onside.

And once again, since no one seems to be talking about this, Atkinson stole a certain goal from us for no reason. Stacey was in on goal after a wonderful pass from Billing, and he was free to square it to Wilson. The ball didn’t change direction because of the contact with Atkinson, it was going to Billing anyway, so we didn’t “gain an advantage”. Wilson put in another dire performance, but he would have finally got a goal, which might’ve lifted him out of this rut.

As bad as other parts may have been, I firmly believe that this game is just another example of horrible officiating ruining things. It was “one of those games” at a point in the season where we really needed it to not be.

Like x 2 !

At least post match Eddie highlighted that he was disappointed that our players took too few risks in front of goal and were too happy to pass the ball sideways or backwards when near Burnley's box. He also mentioned the team's obligation to entertain the fans and asked them to be braver in attack.

Maybe at long last the perceived mental shackles will be removed and the players will no longer feel as if they will be criticised for having a shot when a pass is on.
Yesterday a shot into the box, a lucky deflection or bounce of the second ball could have seen us get our noses in front. The way Burnley were set up we were unlikely to be able to pass the ball into the net, we had to try something different !

I really hope Eddie takes the shackles off now and encourages our attacking players to be brave. Too many games this season where nobody has taken responsibility to "have a crack" and plenty of games where this would have been our best chance of getting something out of the game.

;