Home matches / points

I'm not struggling. I've given my opinion, explained why I think that and I haven't heard the end of it.

I always get the grief for arguing all the time, fair enough I'm bang to rights on that but it's not like I'm talking to myself is it?
That wasn't my point.

The biggest percentage of no shows is ST holders. The club analyse these on a regular basis (empty seats are no good for anyone) but you can't force people to come.

The re-sale platform is a big step forward but it will take a while for people to adopt it.

Brentford withdraw Season Tickets for unreported no-shows.

It would also be interesting to know how many season ticket holders and those with enough points for the first release of tickets attended a friendly last preseason. Maybe 20% at a guess.
Maybe 50% for cup games.
I presume this Jim bloke has advisers around him who know the English mentality regarding these games.
That we sell out every game but 83% of people on the database don't have a point speaks volumes about both demand and friction in getting tickets.

That we sell out every game but 83% of people on the database don't have a point speaks volumes about both demand and friction in getting tickets.

I often wonder how the hell they would do it if we got to an FA cup semi against a side with massive support. You'd have a job keeping tickets in the hands of AFCB supporters.

I have an uncomfortable suspicion that perhaps Jim is looking at a different scenario altogether - stay with a low capacity stadium, but put the emphasis very firmly on a "premium matchday experience", i.e. a massive expansion of expensive hospitality packages at varying levels and, given the imbalance between real demand and supply, reduce the number of ordinary matchday tickets and at the same time, impose a huge increase in the cost of the remaining seats.

Sweat the assets, in other words.

OAP supporters with their concessionary prices and ordinary local folks who can only afford a simple matchday ticket - I don't think they play a major role in the future vision of AFCB. Maybe.
I think this may well be a short term plan. I have season tickets with my sons although they are a few seats apart. I asked if I could move one of them to be next to each other. I was told no, but they would be more than happy to move all 3 to another part of the ground. Coincidence that if I had these 3 seats could have been sold as hospitality?I don’t think so.

If you have maximum home points this season and attend all 7 extra points as well, next season you will start on 26 points. Someone who attends every home game will have 19 and possibly be in the second phase of points drop. Possibly disregarding those that have been attending for years.
And those of us who already travel long distances for home games and might be stretched too far to attend 7 more.

I think this may well be a short term plan. I have season tickets with my sons although they are a few seats apart. I asked if I could move one of them to be next to each other. I was told no, but they would be more than happy to move all 3 to another part of the ground. Coincidence that if I had these 3 seats could have been sold as hospitality?I don’t think so.

What block are you and what block were you offered to move to?

I wouldn't be surprised if they start looking at the percentage of fans who have season tickets with a view to reducing the number to accommodate more corporate and new fans.

I wouldn't be surprised if they start looking at the percentage of fans who have season tickets with a view to reducing the number to accommodate more corporate and new fans.
They haven't issued any new STs since 2015, and you would imagine that a few hundred fail to renew each year for various reasons.

Must be a couple of thousand fewer season tickets/ more day tickets available now than was the case 8 years ago ?

I have a nightmare vision that Dean Court will one day turn into one gigantic matchday restaurant.

Last edited:
The club said last year that:

'Our data shows that many STHs choose not to attend Cup games, especially early rounds, and therefore do not accrue Cup Points.'

I'd like to know the figures. This was the reason for not allowing ST holders first dibs at tickets. Totally puzzling as, if many do not attend, there would be plenty left for non ST holders.
Made even more obtuse in terms of market research because a lot of season ticket holders, myself included, missed the early season cup games because they didn’t keep our seats for them. First time I’ve ever missed them.

At the moment I’m trying to get Taylor Swift tickets for the kids. They did a good thing (may have been suggested elsewhere on here, not read all of it because most of it is Del exaggerating everyone’s points and making up stuff they’ve not said… quelle surprise)

You had to enter a ballot to buy tickets. Assuming everyone who did had the intent to purchase. They should maybe try that this season for a couple games league and cup. That will will tell you an approximation of attendance.

I'll bes honest, given my location I've rarely paid my attention to emails about tickets but I've glanced at the one arrived pushing the preseason friendlies and this bit in bold stuck out like a clanger:

1689433578109.png

I might be jumping to conclusions, but it's very US style marketing copy so I wonder if Jim is getting involved there? Or if it's an over-enthusiastic member of the marketing team trying to add some American pizzazz to make an impression.

Marketing copy needs to be styled appropriately for its audience. What works in one market, won't be as successful in another. That sounds so clumsy to me for an English email campaign.

Just my two penneth...

Feels like there have been some stumbles here and there lately in the brave new AFCB world.

Made even more obtuse in terms of market research because a lot of season ticket holders, myself included, missed the early season cup games because they didn’t keep our seats for them. First time I’ve ever missed them.

At the moment I’m trying to get Taylor Swift tickets for the kids. They did a good thing (may have been suggested elsewhere on here, not read all of it because most of it is Del exaggerating everyone’s points and making up stuff they’ve not said… quelle surprise)

You had to enter a ballot to buy tickets. Assuming everyone who did had the intent to purchase. They should maybe try that this season for a couple games league and cup. That will will tell you an approximation of attendance.

Should do a ballot of tickets for all the cat 3 games ,only open it to people on the database with zero points

;