How long does GON have?

Patronising too, well done.

Even in the managerial roles they got further than you or I (and many others), so its a bit strange that you try to 'contextualise' by now mentioning their playing careers.
woodgate was pretty good untill injury, he played under some very good coaches and along side very good players

Just go and get Knutsen (or another contemporary). Bodo Glimt's season restarts in April. He's literally at home twiddling his thumbs staring out of the window at the Northern Lights.

Knutsen has come up in a lot of conversations this past few months, with a lot of uncertainty as to if we ever even approached him/his agent... I'd read somewhere that he had instructed his agent to not bother him with any talk of approaches etc. as he wasn't interested. That could have been while the Norwegian season was still ongoing, I don't recall...

However, a quick google on him brings up a lot of talk that Aberdeen could be eyeing Knutsen up to replace recently sacked Jim Goodwin...

I am no expert no expert on Norwegian football, I only know what I read of him, but if Aberdeen are sounding him out this could be a [another] huge opportunity lost... Surely we'd have to be more attractive than Aberdeen...?

Some linkys
https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/f...der-thomas-solberg-geir-bakke-kjetil-knutsen/

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport...s/9-next-aberdeen-manager-candidates-29034436

From when BHA were interested - https://www.teamtalk.com/brighton/k...otter-replacement-favourite-expert-prediction

What some of these articles do clearly tell us is that there most definitely are a few names out there that 'might' be better options than GON...

I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the new signings have something in their contract about going on loan to Lorient for the season if we go down.

I see both Tanswell and The Echo have suddenly tweeted questioning whether O Neil should stay, in the formers case actually stating it was a strange appointment to begin with.

I doubt they know anything, but it's a start.
And another Daniel Davis of Dorset Live

Sickening to read that players have 'Relegation Calouses' built into their contracts !
What the F√ck ? You join Boscombe to be part of a Dream..you score goals for them or create goals or stop goals against. Relegation is what happens if you all ain't up to scratch with your task....and therefore no f√cking use to any other PL club...
Jesus f√cking Christ I despair at some the sh*t that goes down....the ' talk the talk' the lack of 'walk the walk', .the easy-rolling, Forum sh*t scrolling....no wonder there is so much bloody 'trolling' !

Sickening to read that players have 'Relegation Calouses' built into their contracts !
What the F√ck ? You join Boscombe to be part of a Dream..you score goals for them or create goals or stop goals against. Relegation is what happens if you all ain't up to scratch with your task....and therefore no f√cking use to any other PL club...
Jesus f√cking Christ I despair at some the sh*t that goes down....the ' talk the talk' the lack of 'walk the walk', .the easy rolling, Forum sh*t scrolling....no wonder there is so much bloody 'trolling' !
Relegation clauses are there primarily to help the club. A cut in wages to compensate for cut in TV money.

Jesus f√cking Christ I despair at some the sh*t that goes down....the ' talk the talk' the lack of 'walk the walk', .the easy-rolling, Forum sh*t scrolling....no wonder there is so much bloody 'trolling' !
yeah let's have a load of high earners if were relagated..... clueless post

Relegation clauses are there primarily to help the club. A cut in wages to compensate for cut in TV money.

Nice and Tidy for the Player....is how I interpreted the Google version of Relegation Release Clause.

But you are saying it's for the benefit of the club.!

Between you and me and the ins and outs of a cats @rse....perhaps I need to get myself better acquainted with Soccer Regulations and stuff...Google has let me down a few times now !

I think we will go straight back up with the players we have, who I presume signed without a relegation clause. Just look at the loan with an obligation to buy.
So, after 60 years of watching the cherry boys, I know nothing about football..
Condescending comment by you Kirsikka, not like you!!

Maybe I phrased it badly but the word doing the heavy lifting was meant to be 'guaranteed'.

If we go down most people, myself included, think we'd go back up. I wouldn't put my house on it though.

Look at Stoke. Some quality players and seriously backed the manager but they screwed it up and are now hobbled by FFP.

That's what I was trying to allude to. Foley has put £200m into the club. Saying it's ok to appoint a rookie manager because if we go down under him there's no risk to the investment because we're guaranteed to come back up would be a sign of someone that doesn't understand football.

This is what doesn't add up to me. A £200m bet? Even if you're a billionaire and you're massively odds on you'd still hesitate before pulling the trigger on that.

Knutsen has come up in a lot of conversations this past few months, with a lot of uncertainty as to if we ever even approached him/his agent... I'd read somewhere that he had instructed his agent to not bother him with any talk of approaches etc. as he wasn't interested. That could have been while the Norwegian season was still ongoing, I don't recall...
Yes, what I'd read was that he didn't want to talk about other offers until the season had finished. Their season wrapped up mid November (ish).

Jesus Christ – Aberdeen!

Again, some transparency here would be good. If the club came out and said, "we spoke to him – nice guy – but we ultimately decided he wasn't the right fit"

The supporters are essentially shareholders – we should be treated as such.

Yes, what I'd read was that he didn't want to talk about other offers until the season had finished. Their season wrapped up mid November (ish).

Jesus Christ – Aberdeen!

Again, some transparency here would be good. If the club came out and said, "we spoke to him – nice guy – but we ultimately decided he wasn't the right fit"

I was thinking about this the other day after posting about him and remembered I did some stalking of their forum. Pretty sure their fans thought the talk about seeing out the season was also in reference to their European run. So the league season may be over, but there are still matches for which he wants to be in charge.

I was thinking about this the other day after posting about him and remembered I did some stalking of their forum. Pretty sure their fans thought the talk about seeing out the season was also in reference to their European run. So the league season may be over, but there are still matches for which he wants to be in charge.
Well we'll soon see if Aberdeen go knocking and he responds...

Jesus Christ – Aberdeen!

why would a club announce the people that turned them down? (if we went in for them) same as they shouldn't have to come out and state who they have or have not spoke to. end of the day they are run as a business, I don't see reports of who someone like tesco are looking to recruit again I spend my money there just like at AFCB but I don't need to who they are chasing as I can't change it, I have My preference as does most people but im a few hundred mill short of being part of that conversation

;